CS4 Issue, help please

rickprickp Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited May 16, 2010 in Finishing School
Hey guys and gals,
When I open CS4 on my Macbook Pro the background shows my desktop or whatever program I have open. Am I missing something?

R.
Canon 5DMk II | 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM | 24-105mm f4.0 IS USM | 85mm f1.8 prime.

Comments

• starlightstarlight Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    Did you open the program with an image, or go straight in? Do you still get the toolboxes and such around the outside of the screen?

If you didn't use an image to open CS/PS/etc, and the toolboxes/toolbars are there, then it's just waiting for you to open an image.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    there is a setting in photoshop, where you can set a background.
    By default, background is empty, but you can tell it to show you a blank space.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • rickprickp Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    it does it opening an image or just the program.

Where is that setting. The way it's now drives me up the wall. It's very distracting.
    Canon 5DMk II | 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM | 24-105mm f4.0 IS USM | 85mm f1.8 prime.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    The way the Mac works is that applications have no background. If a Mac developer does nothing special, there will be no background. I take advantage of this all the time to have windows from different apps next to each other without blocking out other apps.

Adobe CS apps are maybe(?) the only Mac apps that let you have a Windows-like application background. If they do, there will be a command Window/Application Frame to turn it on. While I am used to the Mac way, the background is sometimes useful and I turn it on then, though you will find some Mac users who oppose the Application Frame for extremist religious reasons.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    OP, go to window, and check off "application frame" option.

Tada!!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook