Old Chevy Truck

Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited May 16, 2010 in Landscapes
I went out this morning to shoot a picture of an old abandoned house that I noticed last weekend. When I pulled far enough off the road, I realized this old truck was sitting next to a shed behind the house.

C & C are welcomed. I'd like to know what I could do better. I do want to go back and shoot in the early morning light. This was about 9:30am, so the sun is a bit more harsh than I'd prefer.

867849059_UWWMB-X2.jpg
Doug Vaughn
http://www.dougvaughn.com
Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.

Comments

• vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    I like the photo a lot. The only suggestion I'd make would be to crop off some of the left side, there's a bit too much "just bushes" there when the truck is really the subject.

If or when you re-shoot you might play with DoF to slightly blur the far background behind the truck. A touch more color or brightness in the small flowers of the brush might be nice too. Maybe try a couple of shots from the same angle but a little lower. Fun subject though, one that could be shot so many ways!

BTW, my brother lives in Spring Hill. Lovely area and a "target rich" environment for a photographer.

thumb.gif

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2010
    vintagemxr wrote: »
    I like the photo a lot. The only suggestion I'd make would be to crop off some of the left side, there's a bit too much "just bushes" there when the truck is really the subject.

If or when you re-shoot you might play with DoF to slightly blur the far background behind the truck. A touch more color or brightness in the small flowers of the brush might be nice too. Maybe try a couple of shots from the same angle but a little lower. Fun subject though, one that could be shot so many ways!

BTW, my brother lives in Spring Hill. Lovely area and a "target rich" environment for a photographer.

thumb.gif

Doug

Thanks for the great suggestions. I was shooting this with my 35mm Zeiss, and at f/8 it puts darn near everything in focus. I'm thinking I should back up a little with my 85mm and try that for a different perspective and shallow DOF. If you like green, Middle Tennessee this time of year is the place to be.
    Doug Vaughn
    http://www.dougvaughn.com
    Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.
  • jimqjrjimqjr Registered Users Posts: 250 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Sorry, I had to do this....must be the brother...
    I think it is cool just the way it is.....this was my Grandfather's Farm truck...not so any more. I was messing around with HDR.
    Have a great one.

638146373_dMAjH-XL.jpg