• tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    the spectators really add to the drama, very nice
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    actually, it's very good!
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    I thought it was actually a replica. I like this very much Richard.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Very nice Richard. Like Patti I would not have known they were mimes if not for the title.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 16, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. thumb.gif
  • PhotoByLealPhotoByLeal Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    nice capture other then having too many people in front of them....
     - angel m. leal jr. - 
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    More mimes:
    868337403_heP8M-XL.jpg
    C&C always welcome.

Very nice, Richard - I like the grouping of viewers. But there is something quite creepy about it. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    I really like the exposure/processing of the shot with the difficulties of shooting something white in sunlight. The mimes (which seem to proliferate in your locale) are pretty cool (and perhaps creepy, as B.D. suggests) and the audience makes the shot . I am undecided on whether I like your shooting angle -- I disliked it on initial viewings but am coming around to thinking that maybe (?) it is better than diagonally from the side.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,952 moderator
    edited May 17, 2010
    nice capture other then having too many people in front of them....
    Well, I thought that the the form was familiar enough that it wasn't necessary to show the whole thing. I actually waited quite a while till I got the balance between performers and spectators to my taste. YMMV, of course. mwink.gif
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Very nice, Richard - I like the grouping of viewers. But there is something quite creepy about it. mwink.gif
    Thanks, BD. It was indeed creepy, especially since the building in the background is a very old church.
    rainbow wrote: »
    I really like the exposure/processing of the shot with the difficulties of shooting something white in sunlight. The mimes (which seem to proliferate in your locale) are pretty cool (and perhaps creepy, as B.D. suggests) and the audience makes the shot . I am undecided on whether I like your shooting angle -- I disliked it on initial viewings but am coming around to thinking that maybe (?) it is better than diagonally from the side.
    Yes, I live in the middle of a circus, which is fortunate for the lazy bum that I have become. :D There's almost always something going on. I chose the angle because the Pietà is most commonly seen from the front, so it would be more easily recognized. I was mostly interested in the bright light and shadow (my newest obsession), so I didn't care about the spectators' faces.