Window

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited May 16, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
in the old Staten Island Ferry terminal.
858785255_ZcGvA-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    This is my kind of shot, Jack. I love the subject matter, the composition and the colors. The reflected subjects are also very interesting. Well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Very beautiful, Jack. The reflections are great, but IMO it's the cracked and missing panes what take this one to the next level. Did you break them to improve the shot? thumb.gif
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 16, 2010
    Nice. thumb.gif
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    A really nice shot Jack, it has it all.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    This is my kind of shot, Jack. I love the subject matter, the composition and the colors. The reflected subjects are also very interesting. Well done.

Tom

Howdy Tom
    Thanks, I must confess that I don't think I noticed the reflections much when I took the shot. I thought they were window grills on the inside headscratch.gif These were second story windows taken at 24mm from the sidewalk below. I wear coated glasses that get very dark in sunlight and I can hardly see the LCD screen. I was pleasantly surprised when I got them on the computer.

Jack
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    invisible wrote: »
    Very beautiful, Jack. The reflections are great, but IMO it's the cracked and missing panes what take this one to the next level. Did you break them to improve the shot? thumb.gif

rolleyes1.gifrofl Thanks. As I said above, I thought there were inside grills on the windows but once I worked it up the missing panes and holes showed them to be reflections from across the street.

Jack