The people I sometimes meet

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited May 19, 2010 in Street and Documentary
868346914_CCFXw-XL.jpg

Comments

• lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Love their happy smiling faces.
    It seems like such a depressing place to work, hard to match their attitude with their surroundings.
    The baby is throwing me off though, makes me wonder what he's doing there--and he is the only one not crackin a smile.
    Interesting photo.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    I do like the position of the three adults (composition wise) and their sense of shared laughter. And that contrasts so much with what they are doing, which is heavy labor for what must be a meager living.

I would try to bring the closest guy's face out of shadow a little by upping the brightness a touch.
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    I should really clarify. This isn't meant to be a profound shot, just a bit of fun. It's an example of when I'm hailed over by one person to take a shot of another. In this case, the man on the left began waving when he saw me on the debris pile about 50 meters away. I ignored him at first, but then decided it was a friendly wave and walked over. He insisted that I take a shot of his colleague clearing the open sewer of rubble. Lots of laughing and misdirection and I managed to make a lens change in the middle of the charades so I could get the whole setting.

By the time I left, the men had switched places and the closer was waste deep in waste throwing stones and bricks away from pit. Simply some of the people I meet when I'm out.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    I should really clarify. This isn't meant to be a profound shot, just a bit of fun. It's an example of when I'm hailed over by one person to take a shot of another. In this case, the man on the left began waving when he saw me on the debris pile about 50 meters away. I ignored him at first, but then decided it was a friendly wave and walked over. He insisted that I take a shot of his colleague clearing the open sewer of rubble. Lots of laughing and misdirection and I managed to make a lens change in the middle of the charades so I could get the whole setting.

By the time I left, the men had switched places and the closer was waste deep in waste throwing stones and bricks away from pit. Simply some of the people I meet when I'm out.

Point taken.
    Still though, hard to match their attitude to their surroundings--says the person sitting comfortably in a swivel chair at work, coffee in hand.

I said interesting shot, because it is. I still find the baby's serious face the most engaging, as if he knows what's what.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    rainbow wrote: »
    I do like the position of the three adults (composition wise) and their sense of shared laughter. And that contrasts so much with what they are doing, which is heavy labor for what must be a meager living.

I would try to bring the closest guy's face out of shadow a little by upping the brightness a touch.

Thanks Rainbow. There is amazing optimism, kindness and pride in so many of the people I meet. I'm pretty sure I'll come back to this one and work on the shadows of his face. I agree that it would improve the shot.