edited May 17, 2010 in Street and Documentary
868631373_pzC2K-X2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    I really like this shot. The light is the first element that catches my eye. The compositional elements, including the shadow, the drinking glasses, and the curve of the chair in the foreground, are wonderful. And then the feel of the solitary figure totally engaged in her studies/business make this one of my favorites of your recent posts (and the deeper, darker tones adding to the richness don't hurt,either). Well done!
  • seastackseastack Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Really just very nice. The out of focus chair in the foreground makes a big difference adding a depth that wouldn't otherwise be there and, combined with the seated point of view, draws you into the scene as if you were there. The framing of course is perfect and the timing adds to a peaceful contemplative feeling. Also proof positive that worrying about "blown highlights" is completely overrated. Medium format or cropped?
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    magnificent!
  • ejg1890ejg1890 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Excellent shot. I really the capture of the shadow on the wall behind the lady.
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    Thanks all. And to answer the one question - shot not with a 2 1/4 but with GF1 micro 4/3 digital. And, yes, cropped a bit to 8x10 ratio.
    And nice to see your 'face,' Damon, it's been a while.:D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    I like everything about this one: the light, shadow, open window, texture on the wall and the overall mood.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography