The National Mall

DieTrying310DieTrying310 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited May 17, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I spent 6 hours wandering around the Mall yesterday trying to get a few decent shots. Here's what I came up with out of 900 some odd shots. I'm still learning how to adjust speed, iso, and aperture to get what I want so these are little rough. I was messing with the white balance to get different color effects from the lighting. I ended up liking the yellow hues more than the blues.

Enjoy, C&C welcomed.

IMG_1271-1.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1822-1.jpg

IMG_1873-1.jpg

IMG_1938-1.jpg

IMG_1992-1.jpg

IMG_1922-1.jpg
This last one has a lot of noise intentionally. I used a cartoon filter in GIMP to give it a different look, seemed fitting.

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Very nice compositions here. I really love #1 clap.gifclap Everything is good here. It's neat how you can see into the train windows. I'm really a symmetry freak so thumb.gifthumb for #1

BTW welcome to dgrin. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your work. Yo have a good eye for composition.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • PhotoByLealPhotoByLeal Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Very nice compositions here. I really love #1 clap.gifclap Everything is good here. It's neat how you can see into the train windows. I'm really a symmetry freak so thumb.gifthumb for #1

BTW welcome to dgrin. Looking forward to seeing lots more of your work. Yo have a good eye for composition.

+1 love the first one!
     - angel m. leal jr. - 
  • snowman1snowman1 Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    To me number 1 Is a nice shot

http://dougsphotos.smugmug.com/