Dirtboy and highkey

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited May 17, 2010 in People
Good evening all,
When my son came in after playing outside in the dirt for 11 hours and asking me "mom do I need a shower?" I knew I had to grab a shot.
Sadly I was using my kit lens and it's not the greatest in low light.

C&C always appreciated--what could I have done to improve the shots--especially the one in low light?

868031418_ST8ac-L.jpg

I was also experimenting with oncamera flash (yikes!) it's something I NEVER use, but I wound up liking the high key look. Am I alone in this?
I love how sharp it is, it's making me consider buying and learning how to use a proper flash.

868024983_w4Zc8-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    Not so much high key in the true sense. I see where you're coming from and would certainly be interesting if done properly. (not a method I personally use, if ever) Love his hair in the first image! :D
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2010
    Not so much high key in the true sense. I see where you're coming from and would certainly be interesting if done properly. (not a method I personally use, if ever) Love his hair in the first image! :D

I know what you mean--it was just something so different for me (improper use of flash, an accidental mess :)

AS for his hair--All you need is 11 hours of dirt build-up and you're golden.
    He likes the look here too and he has since tried to replicate it with sculpting mudrolleyes1.gif. Next time I will run to my bag and get out my 25mm f2.8 lens, it's better than my kit lens in low light.

Thanks for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________