withdrawn: my 50mm 1.8 + cash for 24mm 2.8

noahcometnoahcomet Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited May 24, 2010 in House of Canon
I have a LNIB Canon "nifty fifty" 50mm 1.8 that I'm looking to turn into a 24mm 2.8. As has been widely noted in online reviews, the 50mm is an awesomely sharp little lens, and this one is no exception.

The only reason I'm looking to trade it is that I do 99% wildlife photography, either supertelephoto or wide angle, and (especially given the crop factor on my DSLR), 50mm just isn't as useful a focal length as 24mm would be.

I have pics of the lens that I can send, but really, there's nothing to see that you wouldn't see in a promo shot from Canon---it's brand new, used maybe 5 times. (I bought it this past winter and it's been sitting in my kit bag the last three months.) So for now I'll post a full-resolution crop of a picture taken on my first outing with the lens. Understand that this is a very tiny, skittish bird, and the photo was taken from some 15 feet away. Even so, the 50mm reveals individual strands of 'feather fur'!

Not looking to sell it outright at the moment; if you have the 24mm, reply to this thread (or email or PM) and we can try to work out the details. If you have another Canon wide angle prime that you're looking to trade, feel free to let me know, too.

Comments

• noahcometnoahcomet Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    I should add that I'd potentially be interested in the 20mm or the 28 as well---or any other brand of Canon-mount wide angle primes. (No zoom lenses.)
  • noahcometnoahcomet Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    No longer looking for this deal.