Options

Proofs and Final Images

bitwise95bitwise95 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited May 19, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Guru's:

I'm new to Smug and I'm currently using it as a medium for posting proofs from photo shoots. Instead of taking time to burn CDs an the end of a shoot, I use PS and bridge to convert raws to jpgs and then upload the entire shoot to a gallery. After I retouch select images, I upload for review and post hi-res for download after the retouch is complete.

What is not real easy today is the separation of proofs from finals. I have used sorting, naming etc but does not seem like a clean solution. I password protect all the galleries. What would be ideal is something like Photo Shoots > Model Name > Final Images where the 'Model Name layer' is password protected to give access to the Model Name gallery (has the proofs) and has a folder contained within called Final Images.

This work flow is slightly different from portraits or seniors as I would not post the proofs w/o them being a 'final print'. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
bit

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    You can't password protect a category or sub-category. And, sub-categories only contain galleries. And, galleries only contain images.

But, if you put two galleries in the same sub-category and given them the same password, the user is only prompted the first time they need to supply that password. So, except for the fact that the viewer can see the existence of the galleries, it works the same as a password protected category/sub-category.

You can have:

Photo Shoots > Model Name > Proofs
    Photo Shoots > Model Name > Final Images

Just give Proofs and Final Images the same password.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    bitwise95bitwise95 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    Thanks John...will give that idea a try.