The Front And Rear Tags Say It All

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited May 19, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This one takes my breath away. It's a 1934 Packard LeBaron 1108 Sport Phaeton Twelve. Only four of these jewels were made and each one was a full-custom effort. All four still exist. This car was brought to the show by the famous Nethercutt collection, out of Sylmar, CA. A note of interest about this car was that the first owner was rumored to be Clark Gable, though that's not been proved. It WAS sold new in Hollywood.

871515709_EAQmz-XL.jpg

871516067_Ffk8q-XL.jpg

871515941_RpqXz-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Flea77Flea77 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    WOW! Now THAT is a beautiful car. Nice captures too.

Allan
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for the remarks. I couldn't agree with you more....this car defines beautiful.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    Hi Tom,
    I love the red against the white wall tires. This is a sweet looking car indeed. My favorite shot is a close-up of the air vents--a very abstract and interesting image.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    What a beautiful shade of red. Sometimes red doesn't look good, but this one is perfect thumb.gif

Love the plate rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 19, 2010
    Hi Liz,

Thanks for looking in. I agree, that red and white combo is pretty stout. I'm showing a few more abstracts than I used to....always did them, just didn't show them much.

I'm really impressed at how your photo skills have come along. Those that don't check out the Street and PJ forum are missing a lot of your great work.

Take care,

Tom
    edited May 19, 2010
    Hey Mary,

Yea, I thought that plate was such a hoot.....very fitting for a jazzed-up gal like this one. You're right about red, too. Not only is the shade of red important, but the car it's applied to has a lot to do with how well it works. In this case, it was stunning.

Be well,

Tom
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    Hi Liz,

Thanks for looking in. I agree, that red and white combo is pretty stout. I'm showing a few more abstracts than I used to....always did them, just didn't show them much.

I'm really impressed at how your photo skills have come along. Those that don't check out the Street and PJ forum are missing a lot of your great work.

Take care,

Tom

Thank you Tom -- very much appreciated.
    Liz A.
    _________