Options

Service down?

snapsbypoteatsnapsbypoteat Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
edited May 19, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I had a client contact me tonight, who had tried to order photo's but was able to because the service was down? Do you know what that is about? And when will it be back up again?

Also, is this something that happens regularly? I hope it doesn't and that this won't happen again, I don't want my customers to experience any inconvenience while ordering photos, it's suppose to be a user friendly process.

Thanks,
Melanie
ALL OUT CANON!

www.snapsbypoteat.com

Canon Ti1
Canon 30D
Tamron 17-50/2.8
Sigma 30/1.4
Canon 55-250
Canon 85 1.8
580ex

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2010
    We had a brief read only period tonight: http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/ we update our status blog when these things happen. We're sorry it impacted you and your customer tonight - all is well now though!
  • Options
    jwcoffeejwcoffee Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited May 19, 2010
    I had a client contact me tonight, who had tried to order photo's but was able to because the service was down? Do you know what that is about? And when will it be back up again?

Also, is this something that happens regularly? I hope it doesn't and that this won't happen again, I don't want my customers to experience any inconvenience while ordering photos, it's suppose to be a user friendly process.

Thanks,
    Melanie

My experience with SmugMug (5+ years) is that they are rarely down...and then not for long. I do subscribe to their status blog (RSS). Their postings to that blog are timely and informative.

Bottom line...things will go wrong occasionally. Expect things to occasionally fail. And in the case of SmugMug, expect timely and professional resolution of issues when they do arise.

-Jim Coffee-
    Jim Coffee
    Photographer, Panographer
    James Coffee Studios
    Escondido, CA