Options

gallery is missing from the category view

bvimagesbvimages Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited June 17, 2010 in Bug Reporting
When I am viewing my "Travel Photography" category, not all of the galleries are appearing. One gallery, called South India, belongs to this category, but does not show up in the Category view.

Category: http://bvimages.smugmug.com/Travel-Photography
Missing gallery: http://bvimages.smugmug.com/Travel-Photography/South-India/12198122_amfds#868421185_4xJ3w

When I look at the South India gallery (url above), I can see it belongs to the Travel Photography category, but it is missing when I view the category.

I viewed my web-site using firefox 3.6 on Windows and Safari on Mac OS and the problem was found with both browsers.

Can you fix it?

Thanks,

Brian V
bvimages.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited May 19, 2010
    Just a guess... is that gallery set as unlisted by any chance?
    If it is, change it to public.

--- Densie
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2010
    I did take a look at the Privacy setting and it is set to Public.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    sometimes the gallery needs a kick. I fixed it.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2010
    Andy wrote: »

Awesome, thanks Andy!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    Andy, it this bug that causes galleries to occasionally disappear on the bug fix list? As anyone who reads dgrin knows, this has happened to quite a few users so it's not a rare issue.

It scares me thinking that some of my galleries might not be visible because of it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    jfriend wrote: »
    Andy, it this bug that causes galleries to occasionally disappear on the bug fix list? As anyone who reads dgrin knows, this has happened to quite a few users so it's not a rare issue.

It scares me thinking that some of my galleries might not be visible because of it.
    It's actually pretty rare, considering the hundreds of thousands of customers we have. We're trying to find out why this happens sometimes, rarely.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    It's actually pretty rare, considering the hundreds of thousands of customers we have. We're trying to find out why this happens sometimes, rarely.
    I've seen at least 15 cases of it here on dgrin and you've got to figure that lots of users don't realize it for awhile. I hope you find it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010

I've noticed this a time or two in the past on my site, but I seem to recall it went away after I added a few more galleries in a category. At the moment though, I'm having this problem with my 2010 category: http://www.morffed.com/2010

For a few gallery uploads now, the second to last gallery gets hidden. Until today it was the "Ravine Lake With the Ryans" one, and after uploading some more just now, it's this one that's missing: http://coldclimb.smugmug.com/2010/Duck-Duck-Moose

Can you work your magic on mine too, Andy? :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 24, 2010
    Cold Climb, yours is fixed.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 26, 2010
    docwalker wrote: »
    Cold Climb, yours is fixed.

Thanks! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2010
    I'm having this problem again. This time this gallery is missing from this category. Is there anything I might be doing that would be causing this? Perhaps any of my settings presets that I apply to my galleries, or maybe uploading to two new galleries at once, or anything? Want to know any details on my browser and such? ne_nau.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    MoxMox Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    Happened to me the other day, too. I can only thank my lucky stars that I noticed it before the client assumed I took it down without warning - it would have been the absolute wrong client for that to happen with. I've gotta say, I'm experiencing quite a few bugs here and there, and I know I'm not a very high volume user.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2010
    coldclimb wrote: »
    I'm having this problem again. This time this gallery is missing from this category. Is there anything I might be doing that would be causing this? Perhaps any of my settings presets that I apply to my galleries, or maybe uploading to two new galleries at once, or anything? Want to know any details on my browser and such? ne_nau.gif

Any word on this one? Many thanks for your efforts guys, I don't want to be pushy, just wanted to be sure you saw this. :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2010
    Added four new galleries to a friends site today, one at a time and each time it
    did not show on the category page. I clicked "arrange" each time and it
    was there, clicked save and the gallery now showed on the cat page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited June 14, 2010
    Allen wrote: »
    Added four new galleries to a friends site today, one at a time and each time it
    did not show on the category page. I clicked "arrange" each time and it
    was there, clicked save and the gallery now showed on the cat page.

Ooh, good fix, I did this on mine and it worked as well. Thanks for the tip!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 17, 2010
    If anyone else sees this again, please contact me on the help desk right away. We need a test case to work with so if you can help us out it would be appreciated. --Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com