very new here

cavediver2cavediver2 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited May 23, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
okay i have been a lurker for a while but I have a question for all you folks. I have seen allot of photos on the net with the effect I am looking for but do not know how there doing it. I am sure it's done in photoshop but beyond that I am lost. could some one give me a idea how to do it or point me to a tutorial on how to do it. Some call it cloning not sure if that is really what it's called I found a picture to day be it not really a good picture for an example but here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clintonmeyer/3489539842/

any and all help appreciated

cavediver2

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 19, 2010
    Hi, cavediver and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif.

OK, this is not cloning, but rather is a composite of two images. Yes, it is done in Photoshop. You need to plan it carefully, then shoot using a tripod so that the background remains constant. Then you put the two shots on separate layers in a Photoshop document and use layer masks to do the magic. The very best source of information on these techniques is Katrin Eismann's book, Photoshop Masking and Compositing. It's not a beginner's book, but if you have the patience she explains all the tools and steps in detail.
  • cavediver2cavediver2 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 23, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Hi, cavediver and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif.

OK, this is not cloning, but rather is a composite of two images. Yes, it is done in Photoshop. You need to plan it carefully, then shoot using a tripod so that the background remains constant. Then you put the two shots on separate layers in a Photoshop document and use layer masks to do the magic. The very best source of information on these techniques is Katrin Eismann's book, Photoshop Masking and Compositing. It's not a beginner's book, but if you have the patience she explains all the tools and steps in detail.

Thank you for the information.