Quick Trip to Olympic National Park

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited May 22, 2010 in Landscapes
I took these last Friday, I arrived at Hurricane Ridge around noon, after that I went to Sol Duc Falls, followed by Ruby Beach for sunset (that was the first leg of the weekend, the rest of the weekend I was in Oregon, I'll post those shots later).

#1, Hurricane Ridge

870796350_wsVf9-L.jpg

#2, Hurricane Ridge

870798673_Xj8xv-L.jpg

#3, Hurricane Ridge

870797429_HiBAL-L.jpg

#4, Sol Duc Falls:

870801409_iDfZt-L.jpg

#5, Ruby Beach

870803865_C3rUP-L.jpg

#6, Ruby Beach

870804841_dQW7q-L.jpg

#7, Ruby Beach

870805976_f2cM3-L.jpg

#8, Ruby Beach - those of you who were there in winter may be glad to know that the lagoon is re-forming.

870793868_Sfgm7-L.jpg

#9, Ruby Beach (the obligatory tree silhouette shot)

870795008_9ugbM-L.jpg

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    Beautiful set Ron. I really like the subtle tones in the shots from Ruby Beach.
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    Looks like you encountered similar conditions for your sunset as I did on Mount Hood. :cry
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    Nice set, Ron!

#4 is killer! clap.gif

I'm unfamiliar with the lagoon at Ruby Beach, but am curious now that you mention it's reforming... what happened to it over the winter?
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    hawkeye978 wrote: »
    Beautiful set Ron. I really like the subtle tones in the shots from Ruby Beach.

Thanks Tom! It wasn't the most dramatic light display I had ever seen, and even though it was low tide all the sand was dry so there was no reflections. But it's still a fun place to shoot.
    scole wrote: »
    Looks like you encountered similar conditions for your sunset as I did on Mount Hood. :cry

Thanks?? :)

The forecast looked promising up until Friday. After this I went south to Oregon in search of better conditions (which also didn't really materialize).
    CWSkopec wrote: »
    Nice set, Ron!

#4 is killer! clap.gif

I'm unfamiliar with the lagoon at Ruby Beach, but am curious now that you mention it's reforming... what happened to it over the winter?

A huge storm went through, and that lagoon was transformed into a creek/river that went straight to the ocean, the creek was about 1.5-3 feet deep depending (I crossed OK in boots). There was a ton of driftwood on the beach just west of the lagoon but it all disappeared with the storm. It would have been an amazing sight to witness that storm.
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Really nice series Ron. I'm sure you must have walked accross the fallen tree at Sol Duc Falls to get to a higher vantage point for your shot. Love Ruby Beach and the lovely C curve from the creek.