Options

Do you give your clients wedding gifts?

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in Weddings
I had a thought as I passed the card section of the grocery store.

I think I might consider giving each client a nice wedding card with a smallish cupon with credits for prints. Until now, I haven't done anything. But it might be a nice incentive for them to think even more positively about my biz at very little cost to me.

What do you do?

Comments

• Options
    CarnaggioGurl#1CarnaggioGurl#1 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 20, 2010
    I give each wedding client a small personalized photo album with 50 4x6" prints.

Oriental Trading has a few nice photo albums...for about $9 each.
    I did not give anything to the couples in the beginning, but I always felt bad. I started offering a free newlywed session, but didn't get much biz out of that.

People are more likely to call you back when you give them "free" stuff! (Just make sure you are charging enough for your weddings so you don't get hosed!!)
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    I couldn't resist.................give them free stuff, but make sure you charge them for it. :-)

Sam
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2010
    GraphiStudio gives you a calendar with every book you order. So we design the calendar for the following year and in late November or December the calendar magically shows up on the doorstep. So - they paid for it, didn't know that they were getting it "the gift" only problem is all of our referalls know that we do that now. Oh well - it was nice while it lasted ne_nau.gif
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    shming wrote: »
    GraphiStudio gives you a calendar with every book you order. So we design the calendar for the following year and in late November or December the calendar magically shows up on the doorstep. So - they paid for it, didn't know that they were getting it "the gift" only problem is all of our referalls know that we do that now. Oh well - it was nice while it lasted ne_nau.gif

We do the same thing with our Graphi calendars :D
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    GraphiStudio gives you a calendar with every book you order. So we design the calendar for the following year and in late November or December the calendar magically shows up on the doorstep.

Heh, +1 .. works out great thumb.gif
  • Options
    pinkymalingpinkymaling Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010

or least we forget:)
    if we have a cute little prop (such as an umbrella or parasol ) for our bridal shots....we give the prop to the bride, as we try not to repeat the same shots for other brides. It puts a smile on their face and they can remember their shoot each time they look at it. Or they can give it to a friend that is getting married next....as a good life token:)

880949871_eKsbf-L.jpg
  • Options
    SEAyersSEAyers Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2010
    I also gift the calendar from Graphi. The brides seem pleased, as well as surprised, with this small token.

I will confess that I sometimes gift a 16x20 print to the bride when things went very well.
  • Options
    CandiCunninghamCandiCunningham Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2010
    I have given bottles of wine, Victoria Secret gift cards and my personal fav custom Christmas Cards from the e-session with my brand and logo on the back :-)

CC=)iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ElectricDreamsElectricDreams Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    I don't think you can really go wrong with a bottle of wine or champagne. It doesn't have to be expensive stuff, just the thought that counts. If you think of the couple like customers a lot of people don't get free gifts for paying for services, but I always think it's a nice gesture.
    ELECTRIC DREAMS PHOTOGRAPHY
    By Patrick McPeak

Canon 400D (Rebel XTI)
    18-55 Kit Lens
    75-300 - F/4-5.6 USM
    50mm 1.4

Proud to be a Drexel Dragon.
  • Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    One thing I've always done with my gifts--no matter what I was selling at the time--is I try and give them something which they'll keep and use regularly. Here's my reasoning:

Everyone gives bottles of wine/champagne/etc. Great idea. People love it. Unfortunately, once they drink it, well, it's gone. So I was looking at ways to make them remember me.

The ideas many have had here about photos or books, etc. are AWESOME ideas. They'll look at them over and over and, when someone comments on it, there's a reasonably good chance they'll say, "Yeah, our photog gave it to us as a wedding gift." That's what you want from your gifts.

So, anything which the customer(s) will keep and use regularly is a great idea.
  • Options
    jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    I think you have to be careful w/wine and champagne because some people don't drink.

I agree something photo-related is good.
    Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited May 31, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    I couldn't resist.................give them free stuff, but make sure you charge them for it. :-)

Sam

Yeah Sam. In the retail world, this is called a SALE.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?