Senior shoot

ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
edited May 24, 2010 in People
Shot these the other day. It had just finished raining and everything was wet and I couldn't access some of the places I wanted. However, it was good light and I think she is pleased with the effort. The horses and the railroad were what she insisted on having. I tried a few different things in post this time. Let me know what you think.

873264351_VvZds-M.jpg

873267802_hSFvb-M.jpg

873274119_JfuwM-M.jpg

873277937_hZEvn-M.jpg

873287308_QQftp-M.jpg

873263673_UNHfv-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• CountryfiedCountryfied Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    Ok Wes. Here's my .02, and trust me, 2 cents wont get you far coming from me. So take it for what its worth. I am usually a little critical.

#1 & #2- Nicely lit. Beautiful girl. My main concern with these two are the crops. Too centered. #1 has space at the top but hand is cropped at the bottom. #2, if the crop was shifted right, where the edge of the swing (her back) was to the left edge of the frame, I would have liked it more. I also don't like the chain running through her body. I do like the expressions in both.

#3- This is definitely not directed at the model. She is adorable and beautiful in every way. But.....She and the horse have the same facial expression all the way to the same head tilt. I would like to have seen a "hugging around the neck" or her just leaning her head against the horses head. Also, the through the fence view isnt as great as the alternative.

#4 & #5- Both again, in my opinion could have been cropped better. Both have head space but needs more of the model in the lower part of the frame. In #4, would have been nice to have at least the hem of the dress fully in the frame and seeing you have excess at the top of the frame, I think it could have been done without repositioning. But still, #4 is my second favorite of the bunch. #5 with the head space and cutting off the fingers ruins it for me. I do like the pose though. Nice positioning of the model and as with all, good exposure.

#6- I really like this one. Pointing the nose a little more towards the key light would have gave a little more short lighting effect. I would clone out the chain coming from the top of her head. Other than that, This is a great shot.

Again, not knocking them. I am sure she will be very happy with them as they are. Just some C&C from me, take it or leave it.

Nice Job. I would really work on not centering every shot. Rule of thirds is a great thing. They are all centered.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    great set. :) she looks comfortable, and the light is very nice.
    i do agree with a little more variety with composition, but well done overall.
    Kristen