Options

Croatia anyone?

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
Wife and I are starting to think about where to go for our 2011 vacation. Saw a show on Travel Channel in Croatia. Looks beautiful and a great place to photograph.

Anyone been? How was it?
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    EyefulEyeful Registered Users Posts: 389 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    It's indeed a very great place to photograph.

Rovinjo:

181833800_zSa7b-XL.jpg
  • Options
    EyefulEyeful Registered Users Posts: 389 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    Did you vacation there? If so, can you share some details about your experience?

As I mentioned, I saw a show and it looks very charming. Seemed like there is a lot of history and the people seemed wonderful. We are going to the Philipines and Thailand later this year. Last year we went to Cuba and Mexico. We've been to several places in the Carribean but yet to go anywhere in Europe so we are thinking of hitting Europe next year. That or Ireland or Scottland.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    GK PhotosGK Photos Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 29, 2010
    If you're going anywhere near Dubrovnik, you should check it out. I've been there a couple of times and its a beautiful old walled city with great architecture and really nice people. If you bring a long lens you can get some great candids of people sunbathing on the rocks nearby as well. The city has a lot of character and is a great place to shoot. The countryside is gorgeous as well... very typical Mediterranean look - lots of greenery and red roofed buildings everywhere along the coastline. Have fun :-)
  • Options
    BlackwoodBlackwood Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2010
    Croatia is beautiful, and a great place to visit. Here is my gallery from 2009:

http://www.hypercontrast.com/Travel/Croatia-2009/9850050_ejWn7#872169932_hKQcK

Some favs:

669962038_zukb4-L-5.jpg

828861313_9p3MH-L-2.jpg

669970510_CZ7sy-L-6.jpg

669970268_qNqUW-L-5.jpg

669973136_2eXAY-L-5.jpg

669965059_yfaLT-L-6.jpg
  • Options
    WLCWLC Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 29, 2010
    Croatia Pictures
    Wife and I are starting to think about where to go for our 2011 vacation. Saw a show on Travel Channel in Croatia. Looks beautiful and a great place to photograph.

Anyone been? How was it?

We had a wonderful time, Visited north to south in two weeks, by taxi, ferry & rented car

Our pictures can be seen at http://bcampion.smugmug.com/Croatia-Vacation-Trip

See below for a picture of Dubrovnik

Let me know if you have any questions