Options

What do you think?

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited August 21, 2005 in Technique
I have recently been exposed to some of the horror and waste due to drugs. Meth being one of the really nasty ones, and I am tying to depict this in a visual form., I am not getting where I want to go but am worn out right now, so I thought I would elicit your help.

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    Very nice. I don't care for the lettering though. Possibly using a wavy, warp look and make it look smoky\opaque might work better?
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    I have recently been exposed to some of the horror and waste due to drugs. Meth being one of the really nasty ones, and I am tying to depict this in a visual form., I am not getting where I want to go but am worn out right now, so I thought I would elicit your help.

Thanks,
    I like the pic/composition, however to me, if I had to evaluate the typically reaction, I am looking at it and thinking 'cool' rather than 'nasty'. I.e. I do not endorse drugs nor drug use, but the picture looks like a cool picture and I believe you wanted to convey nasty.

Maybe throwing of color harmony a little might help.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    I have to agree with XO and Khaos. Now, I do think it's a cool shot, but I'm not relating to all the elements. I can't see the relationship of the background to the bottles and twigs among other elements. It's very busy and confused (which may be what you're after). I like the shot overall as an artsy shot, but don't see kids relating it to the horrors of drug use.

Just my .02,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited August 18, 2005
    Thanks for your replys! I agree, it doesn't convey what I wanted. This is what happens when you (meaning me) take a short cut. :cry
    I stll want to work on the concept but I need to put out the effort. I have what I think is a good idea. I got really lazy and put this together. I need to go get the photos I need to bring the original concept to reality. Bad Me!!! :cry :cry

I will self flagellate myself this evening.

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    Thanks for your replys! I agree, it doesn't convey what I wanted. This is what happens when you (meaning me) take a short cut. :cry
    I stll want to work on the concept but I need to put out the effort. I have what I think is a good idea. I got really lazy and put this together. I need to go get the photos I need to bring the original concept to reality. Bad Me!!! :cry :cry

I will self flagellate myself this evening.

Sam
    I don't think all is lost

Duplicate layer
    Top layer solarize
    Blending mode to (I believe) linear light
    And all of a sudden this looks like a BAD trip

XO,

ps Hope you are not offended with what I did with your poster.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    GMonet71GMonet71 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    I think XO hit the "bad trip" feel. How about making the three skulls reflect this in a linear way.

How about the skulls in change order? The skull smoking moved left, the skull screaming in the center "bad trip", and the dead looking skull moved to the right. I think that if you added "bad trip" to the photo people would "get it" more easily.
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    XO,

Great creativity, and PS skills. But I have decided to give up on this direction, and pursue my original idea. It will take a little while to get all the various phots I need, but will be much better ( I hope :): ) than any amount of minipulation done to this one.

Sam
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2005
    Sam wrote:
    XO,

Great creativity, and PS skills. But I have decided to give up on this direction, and pursue my original idea. It will take a little while to get all the various phots I need, but will be much better ( I hope :): ) than any amount of minipulation done to this one.

Sam
    clap.gif
    I know the feeling when what is on the monitor doesn't match what is inside the head. Looking forward to seeing the results.

XO,
    Mark Twain