Greetings

RockinelleRockinelle Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 21, 2010 in Landscapes
Hi Everyone, I'm new here and was looking for some feedback. I've been shooting off and on for the last ten years. I consider myself an ametuer that happened to catch good shots ever now and then. Didn't really know why, just got lucky. The last three months I've been taking it very seriously and have been taking good shots more reliably. My favorite light is the early sunrise light and I've been chasing it every chance I get.

In the waterfall shots below, I got up at four, drove to the trail head to start hiking in the dark. I got to the falls right at sunrise. My family thinks these shots are fantastic, but I think they could be better. For one the waterfall was very full and it was very misty so it was hard to focus. Since the sun wasn't up yet, the colors feel kind of cold to me. These are the result of me raising the white balance significantly to warm them up. I shot in raw on my D90 with the kit 80-105 f3.5 lense. I found that as I was hiking out the color seemed to come out more. As you can see in the last shot of the creek, it was taken right before I left when the sun was higher. I am happy with the comositions. I had to scale some gnarly rocks and fight to keep my equipment dry in the processe. So tell me what you think.

869899390_GGvXR-M-3.jpg

869898396_AHG3B-M-3.jpg

869898823_uQJJP-M-3.jpg