La' Machine

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited May 26, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Randy

Comments

• R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2010
    Hi Randy - I like the processing on this one - just enough to bring out the RED rolleyes1.gif.

Cheers, Richard
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Randy - I like the processing on this one - just enough to bring out the RED rolleyes1.gif.

Cheers, Richard

Thanks for the comment Richard thumb.gif
    Randy
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    I agree with Richard -- the red is really nice. The brown on the wall almost looks like burlap. As for the machine...not a clue what it is. Any idea?
    edited May 23, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I agree with Richard -- the red is really nice. The brown on the wall almost looks like burlap. As for the machine...not a clue what it is. Any idea?

Don't know what the machine did. I didn't have enough time to study it. I could only stop for a second for the shot, as the chiggers were closing in on me rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited May 24, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    Don't know what the machine did. I didn't have enough time to study it. I could only stop for a second for the shot, as the chiggers were closing in on me rolleyes1.gif

Those dang chiggers...I was heading towards the barn and my aunt started yelling "STOP--CHIGGERS" rolleyes1.gif

I only had 2 chigger bites on me from my TX visit. Smothered them with Vicks :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    That's quite an interesting shot, Randy. Certainly a little different PP chosen. BTW, you guys sound like whimps when it comes to the chiggers. Around here, we use .45 ACP on them....except my friend Charlie, he uses a WWII flame thrower. Works every time.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited May 24, 2010
    That's quite an interesting shot, Randy. Certainly a little different PP chosen. BTW, you guys sound like whimps when it comes to the chiggers. Around here, we use .45 ACP on them....except my friend Charlie, he uses a WWII flame thrower. Works every time.

Take care,

Tom

That just shows how limited the chigger population is in FL. My .45 ACP only holds 7 rounds. According to my quick calculations (count number of chigger legs and divide by 8 rolleyes1.gif), there were enough to send me runnin'.
    Randy
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    That just shows how limited the chigger population is in FL. My .45 ACP only holds 7 rounds. According to my quick calculations (count number of chigger legs and divide by 8 rolleyes1.gif), there were enough to send me runnin'.

I think the machine is a forerunner to the 4 wheeling ATV. That gear rack
    is a serious clue. Farmers are such advance thinkers and get little credit
    for our modern conveniences. mwink.gif

Just enough PP to bring the red out. Thats it! :D Missed it entirely.

Only 7 rounds in that .45 ACP? Upgrade and pass on that new lens. rolleyes1.gif
    The XD would a make a pleasing addition to your arms room and field
    work.
    Still...
    I'd go with the flame thrower Toms friend has. Wonder if he makes calls. headscratch.gif
    Been then we ain't got no chigger problem up heres. bowdown.gif
    Grateful, grateful, grateful.
    Michael
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2010
    Howdy Randy
    Love the understated post processing in this one :D. Got a P-14 with three 17 round mags you could borrow. BTW what's a chigger?

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited May 25, 2010
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Howdy Randy
    Love the understated post processing in this one :D. Got a P-14 with three 17 round mags you could borrow. BTW what's a chigger?

Hey Jack,

You know that I like "realism" for my processing rolleyes1.gif

You can read about chiggers here. Nasty little buggers!
    Randy
    edited May 26, 2010
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Howdy Randy

What's a P-14 with three 17 round mags?
  • run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    This is what I'm aiming for when it comes to reds. Absolutely stunning.
    edited May 26, 2010
    run_kmc wrote: »
    This is what I'm aiming for when it comes to reds. Absolutely stunning.

Thanks for the kind remark!
    Randy