How many portrait shots do you offer?

kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited May 27, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
When doing a family portrait session, how many portraits do you usually end up offering them to choose from for purchase? As in, how many do you load to a gallery for them to see and choose from for purchase?

5? 40? I have no clue what a 'normal' amount to offer would be. :dunno What do you all do?

Thanks!

Kara

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    I've moved this over to the MYOB forum, since this is more about the business side of things as opposed to an actual people shot, hoping you will get more replies here thumb.gif

I usually give my clients access to all the photos that are shot during the session that meet my requirements; If you feel that they are good enough to show of your level of work, I'd give them access to them. People like to choose, more photos, more choices (more chances of sales).
  • SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    On average, I would say that I shoot about 100 images, and give the client 30-40 to choose from.
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
  • kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    Thanks, Ivar for moving my thread and your info - and thanks for the info to Danny also!

Kara
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    I do not offer a set amount of proofs or shots......I offer unlimited clothing changes and 3 -6 location changes per
    2 hour session......I am quite adamant about clothing changes being done in as little time as possible less than 2 minutes....
    Think of yourself as an actor doing Broadway or even local theatre......complete clothing changes done in less than 1 minute....practice before arrival......
    the faster the changes the more photos taken and uploaded to gallery.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    I typically post about 30-50% of what I shoot. In reality this is 1-2 photos of each different pose if it is 2 people and more choices if there are large groups since there are more likely to be disagreements about which photo is best.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.