New Canon Elan 7 user

StunningCStunningC Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Big grins
edited May 24, 2010 in Cameras
Hey there all,
I am new here and was thrilled to run across your thread about film photography.

I have just purchased an Elan 7 film camera from a photographer I met on line in Denmark. Even with shipping it was a great deal. Now I am beginning to take and get the film developed. Still learning and having a great time :barb

I sent the film to Seattle and they developed them and scanned them into jepg files even though I had asked them to put them into tiff file.. oh well.

Is there an active group at SMug for film photography ? Interested in learning more and sharing...

Kind Regards, connie

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited May 23, 2010
    StunningC wrote: »
    Hey there all,
    I am new here and was thrilled to run across your thread about film photography.

I have just purchased an Elan 7 film camera from a photographer I met on line in Denmark. Even with shipping it was a great deal. Now I am beginning to take and get the film developed. Still learning and having a great time wings.gif

I sent the film to Seattle and they developed them and scanned them into jepg files even though I had asked them to put them into tiff file.. oh well.

Is there an active group at SMug for film photography ? Interested in learning more and sharing...

Kind Regards, connie

Connie, congratulations on the new camera. clap.gif

We don't distinguish between film and digital images so feel free to use the forums for discussing your film camera. I started a new thread so we don't take away from Jeff's thread and the discussion of his Yashica TLR.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • StunningCStunningC Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    thanks
    Thanks so much, I'll get the hang of this ...11doh.gif
  • jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2010
    I wouldn't pay for jpegs if I asked for tiffs. If the lab has the negatives make them re-scan. If not, don't pay.

For color negative film, I love Kodak Ektar 100, have you tried that?
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • StunningCStunningC Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    Yeah, I should have made more of a fuss over the wrong file type but I had sent it by mail to Seattle and they called me for payment and then shipped it back. It also took a lot longer than I was expecting or what they told me. So looking for another place to send film and scanning to. I haven't tried Kodak Ektar 100 but will have to give it a try. Have been buying film on ebay. Usually Fuji Pro 100, Ilford Delta 400.

The Elan7 seems to be really similar to my Digital Rebel as far as settings go. What a pleasure looking through the view finder.... amazing so much bigger, which is good for old eyes or the inexperienced ... hehehe like me.

My main reason of having a film camera along with my digital is for the candid, natural light portraits I like to do. has a little different look it seems to me.

Thanks for the info...