My Space

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited May 29, 2010 in Landscapes

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2010
    Looks like a lovely place to be, Jeff! Much much more inviting than the internet space of the same name lol3.gif I love this kind of processing on a portrait subject, but I have to say it doesn't work as well for me with this composition. I generally do like edgy processing on landscapes, however, as you don't see much of that out there. thumb.gif

Is this your yard? ear.gif
  • run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2010
    Yeah, I like this.

It has a dreamy feel to it, almost like you would get out of a holga, but better. :D
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Looks like a lovely place to be, Jeff! Much much more inviting than the internet space of the same name lol3.gif I love this kind of processing on a portrait subject, but I have to say it doesn't work as well for me with this composition. I generally do like edgy processing on landscapes, however, as you don't see much of that out there. thumb.gif

Is this your yard? ear.gif

Thanks Stephanie....and yes it is my yard. This is nearly the view from our Arbor hung porch swing. I did play around some with the colors...but also kept a BW version. This was shot as a focus and exposure test for an old camera I bought. I am also trying to familiarize myself with its square viewfinder. This 'uns uncropped.

Thanks for commenting!
    Take Care!thumb.gif
    edited May 26, 2010
    run_kmc wrote: »
    Yeah, I like this.

It has a dreamy feel to it, almost like you would get out of a holga, but better. :D

It was shot with a new to me Yashica Mat 124G medium format camera. Im liking it!

Thanks for commenting!
  • run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    It was shot with a new to me Yashica Mat 124G medium format camera. Im liking it!

Thanks for commenting!

YES. I'm better than I thought at recognizing medium format, I guess. :D

Enjoy it. I'm a few months into owning a tlr myself. Have fun!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »

Thanks for commenting!

Wow that is awesome! I had to Google that and I found this page. I am so amused that they include a .wav file of the film advance noise. lol3.gif
    edited May 27, 2010
    run_kmc wrote: »
    YES. I'm better than I thought at recognizing medium format, I guess. :D

Enjoy it. I'm a few months into owning a tlr myself. Have fun!

Same to ya......;nothing like having a bass ackwards viewfinder to make you FOCUS on composition!:D
    edited May 27, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Wow that is awesome! I had to Google that and I found this page. I am so amused that they include a .wav file of the film advance noise. lol3.gif

That's mild.....you should hear what it sounds like when a "spoiled to digital" user focuses....checks meter...sets exposure...rechecks focus....rechecks meter.....rechecks focus and composition......squeeze the shutter...and OOPS!!!! forgot to wind the damn thing!eek7.gif

Oh well.....live and learn eh?:D

Here it is in BW...

873560495_PMtsK-L.jpg

...a few additional shots from that first "test" roll....

873560750_D9FF7-L.jpg

873560079_5fgKm-M.jpg

...and this example at an aperture that might actually be usefull for landscapes. F11 if memory serves me...
    873559822_2TUEU-L.jpg

...and here is my new....old camera!...aint she purdy?:D

852510199_6rHBe-L.jpg
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    This is great Jeff thumb.gif good to see the archaic practice of shooting w/out immediate response still occurs, as in shooting film. Just like Yoga, it wont hurt until later:D but once you get past that the experience is wonderful and the look can be unusualdeal.gif
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Alright y then....................... The first one doesn't work for me, but looking at the others I see potential, and maybe a little bit of a learning curve.

Enjoy the new toy!!

Sam
    edited May 28, 2010
    This is great Jeff thumb.gif good to see the archaic practice of shooting w/out immediate response still occurs, as in shooting film. Just like Yoga, it wont hurt until later:D but once you get past that the experience is wonderful and the look can be unusualdeal.gif

Funnymwink.gif

I have a bag full of 35mm gear from my younger years, but recently became interested in even older cameras. I picked up a couple Kodak Duaflexes with the intent of some through the viewfinder photography and then became interested in the Yashica TLR and bought one. My singular goal for this camera is a project I am working on for my wife. It is landscapes based, but "people" oriented at its heart. I typically shoot portraits and am stunned by all the beautiful landscapes in this end of the forum. You folks here set a high bar!

Shooting without the luxury of instant gratification requires several things...most importantly a methodical and patient approach. Theres no 80 Gigs of storage space....just the 12 exposures at a time. Each one should "count".

Thanks you for commenting.thumb.gif
    edited May 28, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    Alright y then....................... The first one doesn't work for me, but looking at the others I see potential, and maybe a little bit of a learning curve.

Enjoy the new toy!!

Sam

Sam, I am...enjoying it!!!:D

I appreciate your comments...is the first one any better in black and white?ne_nau.gif

I find it much easier to shoot portraits ya know....and even when I shoot other...things...it helps immensly if it is something that I am able to humanize.
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Can you burn the upper left corner? It's really hot.