Going to Yellowstone....what should I see

tshaddicktshaddick Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
Hey everyone,

I am heading to Yellowstone National Park tomorrow, and I am wondering what I should go see. I have about a week and a half, and I am am looking to see wildlife, and would like to know where the good places to go are.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• astrostuastrostu Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    I posted a thread about this over at POTN a few weeks ago, and I just got back from my own trip. I suggest reading that thread for starters.

For wildlife, the two things I remember ('cause I wasn't there for wildlife) is that the bison are in the southwest part of the park for the most part, around Madison. Don't bother with going for a crap shot of them ... after day 1, you see them so often you just get sick of them so spend some time to find a good pullout with bison and have fun. The other thing is that on the road between Madison and the West entrance, there is a bald eagle nest. It is marked by signs of no parking/stopping/slowing for a 1/4 mile surrounding it, but no one follows those rules. I stopped about 20 yards outside that sign and walked back and setup the tripod and camera.

Body: Canon 350D, Canon 7D
    Lenses: Canon 35mm f/1.4L, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-4.5, Quantaray 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6, Quantaray 600-1000mm f/9.6-16
    Flashes: Canon 430EX, Canon 580EX II