Red, Blues, and a K9...

TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Wanted to try shooting something new, so here's my first attempt at shooting a squad car on a long exposure.. Threw in my own K9, Braxton, for some fun.

No filters, no gimmicks.. Just a camera, tripod, dog and car... Only post processing was to bring the blacks down a little and cropping the images.

Yes, I know the watermark is unsightly.. I only use that on here since there is no right-click protection..

Opinions? Suggestions?

DSC_9667_WEB.jpg

DSC_9673_WEB.jpg

Comments

• liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    Re: Red, Blues, and a K9...
    I like the silhouette in the 2nd photo, but I'd like to see more exposure overall, and maybe a light focused on the dog. Cool shot!
    -Mark

LiflanderPhotography.com
  • TdcomptonTdcompton Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2010
    Thanks for that suggestion, perhaps next time we will play with using the spotlight to put more emphasis on the K9.
    edited May 25, 2010
    Nothing more from anyone?
  • liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2010
    Do you play with HDR imaging? That might be a really cool shot to try HDR.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    edited May 28, 2010
    No, I've never dipped my toes into the HDR pool..
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    I really like your last photo, if it were my photo I'd crop off the top lights on the car. The are a little distracting and pull my eyes away from the photo you have of the dog with the cars lights. And you'll still have the wonder colors coming off the top lights of the car spilling down onto the window.

Only my opinion tho -- it's a wonderful photo of the dog with the lights highlighting him/her thumb.gif
    edited May 30, 2010
    Thanks for giving my images a looking over!

The reason I left the top lightbar is because this was a test shot for some Police Dept clients who want to portray their K9s in a new way.. This also gives the guys the chance to show off their own lighting setups, and if there's one thing some Officer's love, it's their unique light setups.

This shot used my own Dual Purpose trained K9.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Tdcompton wrote: »
    Thanks for giving my images a looking over!

The reason I left the top lightbar is because this was a test shot for some Police Dept clients who want to portray their K9s in a new way.. This also gives the guys the chance to show off their own lighting setups, and if there's one thing some Officer's love, it's their unique light setups.

This shot used my own Dual Purpose trained K9.

Good reason to leave the top light in the photo :D
    edited May 31, 2010
    I have one client in particular that has a TON of LEDs in any place he can mount them... That should be quite a shot. lol