CH 45 -- Sparkling Wine concept

HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited August 18, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
OK, not quite working out like I planned but here is my concept. What needs to be done is better PP (greater contrast) and I'm thinking of some star effects once I figure that out. Gotta lose some of the background shadow and change around the lighting for less speculars on the glass. Dry enough or move on?

47866273.jpg

Thanks for any comments,
Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Comments

• SnapHappySnapHappy Registered Users Posts: 328 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    Like the idea, certainly dry. Another way to try would be to lose the glass all together and just having the main focus of the extra dry label and sand/glitter. Star effects would certainly look great.
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    I think you're 80% there, it's a good idea. You're right about the lighting and positioning the subjects further away from b/g.

I think the glass needs quite a strong light on it, but it must be diffuse to aviod more hightlights. The lighting on the rest of the scene is fine.

oh! and is that a fingerprint on the LHS of the glass.

OK, not quite working out like I planned but here is my concept. What needs to be done is better PP (greater contrast) and I'm thinking of some star effects once I figure that out. Gotta lose some of the background shadow and change around the lighting for less speculars on the glass. Dry enough or move on?

47866273.jpg

Thanks for any comments,
    Chris
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    SnapHappy wrote:
    Like the idea, certainly dry. Another way to try would be to lose the glass all together and just having the main focus of the extra dry label and sand/glitter. Star effects would certainly look great.
    Hi Darren,
    That's a good idea; I'll have to give the no-glass a try.

Thanks,
    Chris

edited August 18, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    I think you're 80% there, it's a good idea. You're right about the lighting and positioning the subjects further away from b/g.

I think the glass needs quite a strong light on it, but it must be diffuse to aviod more hightlights. The lighting on the rest of the scene is fine.

oh! and is that a fingerprint on the LHS of the glass.
    Hi Adrian,
    That sure does look like a fingerprint. It's cheap Walmart glass and is not very clear. All the lights were diffused (2 flash and one halogen). The main flash had 3 diffusers on it and it still burned the glass. I'm seeing two options here if I want to keep the glass. One: shoot it with a partial light tent for more even lighting. The other is to break the glass and have the glitter pouring over the edge. First one is more elegant, but the second one would be different. Hmmmm....

Thanks for the feedback,
    Chris

I also don't recommend this to the faint of heart. The gold glitter gets everywhere and sticks to everything. ARGH!!!:pissed

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    Sometimes
    Thinking up the concept (which can be hard enough) is the easy part, and executing it is the impossible part.

In my mind's eye I have the solution, only it doesn't convert to what's on hand.

Gold Glitter, oh my, you are brave!
    edited August 18, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Thinking up the concept (which can be hard enough) is the easy part, and executing it is the impossible part.

In my mind's eye I have the solution, only it doesn't convert to what's on hand.
    Hi Dee,
    Up to this point, I've been fortunate to reasonably execute my minds eye for these challenges. This one is being a bit of a bugger though. Also, I tend to go through an evolution from concept to end product but haven't gone through that yet for this shot.
    Dee wrote:
    Gold Glitter, oh my, you are brave!
    Brave...NO, Stupid...Yes. I usually do these shoots on our dining room table. Now I have a golden dining room:uhoh. Thanks goodness I have an understanding wifeiloveyou.gif.

Chris