Very Very Brand New. Need suggestions

RoguePhotosRoguePhotos Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited May 26, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
So I got my first Camera about 3 weeks ago and have since gotten addicted to HDR. I have made a smugmug site uploaded the best of what I have taken so far but havent had any feed back from anyone that has looked at it. I have been getting around 600 views a day and no comments on the site, facebook or twitter. Since you guys are the Pros I was hoping I could get some imput on how my site looks. :dunno Any tips would help.

Thanks,

http://www.roguephotos.net/

Comments

• NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    So I got my first Camera about 3 weeks ago and have since gotten addicted to HDR. I have made a smugmug site uploaded the best of what I have taken so far but havent had any feed back from anyone that has looked at it. I have been getting around 600 views a day and no comments on the site, facebook or twitter. Since you guys are the Pros I was hoping I could get some imput on how my site looks. ne_nau.gif Any tips would help.

Thanks,

http://www.roguephotos.net/

I would change the logo it is way over designed, plus you have 2 complex fonts there then a simple sans-serif one for the links which makes it look overly busy to the viewer. Also it is just a random gradient which design wise does not make much sense.

As for the links drop the red box it just is too much especially with that small text.

For the background You have a "textured background" with boxes for content, giving the look more of old sites from the 90's. I would do a single color and have your logo/text work with that. You can go a bit crazy in design but have it all flow, as of right now it is a bunch of jagged elements yelling for the viewers attention.

When clicking on galleries the Other Galleries red text is hard on the eyes with the grey background. Try toning down that color if you want to keep that color scheme.