Found a new creek

jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
edited May 30, 2010 in Landscapes
We spent the morning fishing and the afternoon shooting. Just getting into landscapes. Any input?

876655571_KMw8s-L.jpg

876608237_Qv9Y4-L.jpg

876628762_ZPNBP-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    The green in these are just gorgeous. Where I am, spring is still here so to see the rich, lush, mature green of summer is very refreshing. thumb.gif

I like the comps in all of these, but they all seem a little bit tight. It's interesting to me that you chose to shoot these in portrait orientation. The first and second might benefit from a wider landscape view, but you might have something else in mind. Care to share your thoughts? ear.gif
  • run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Ooo! #2. Love that bridge, you couldn't have placed it more perfectly.
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Thanks, guys.

Schmoo, I had to pack light and chose my more versatile 35 afs over my 20 ai which accounts for the tight framing. Oops. I kept the framing vertical in #1 to get the white branches in the shot, #2 to get the water and the bright trees up top in, and in #3 I liked the tall trees on either side of the frame. I'm headed back on Saturday to hopefully bag a trout and capture a few images from some other spots I saw.
  • saikanosaikano Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    3rd!!!
  • LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Really like the placement of the bridge in #2, great shot. In #1 the water has a blur but it doesn't look quite right. Where you using a tripod? Pretty important when shooting moving water with slower shutter speeds. And I think I see what you were trying to get in the orientation, but in my mind the trees in #1 take away from the water. That would be a tough shot if there were any wind.
    Nikon D90
    18-105 mm
    85 mm 1.8
    10-20 mm
    35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com
    edited May 28, 2010
    Thanks for the comments.

Bob, I did use a tripod (I could never hold a 6s exposure still w/ out) and there was no wind. What about the water looks odd?

I see what you mean about the white tree being distracting, but the blurred water isn't strong enough a focus for me hence the trees and rocks in 1 and 3.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    run_kmc wrote: »
    Ooo! #2. Love that bridge, you couldn't have placed it more perfectly.

I agree. Nice job!!
    edited May 30, 2010
    I went back again this morning with my 20mm instead of the 35 and got this. Better photos and 6 fish between the kids and me. Good morning.:ivar

883802221_qg7DH-L.jpg

Thanks for the comments, all.