Rainy Senior Photos

quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
edited May 29, 2010 in People
I don't do senior photos very often so I thought I would share. It poured rain the whole time, alas Seattle. cc welcome.

877506273_WnVnJ-M-1.jpg

877505842_zXRaJ-M-1.jpg

877506525_zLTXL-M-1.jpg

878253198_YhQkd-M-1.jpg
heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
facebook
photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    I like the guy's expression in photos 1 and 2; the 'intense' look in 3 seems forced for him. Not crazy about the pose in 4 and one foot is cut off - but that's just personal - nothing wrong with the photo.
    For a statement image, I suspect he'll pick #1 :) but #2 is probably the one his mom will pick - I would :):)
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    #1 is my fav of the series! I love rainy days for pictures, lol-- Never need to worry about blowing anything out, nice even light...just wet. I think these are great!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    The pose, the lines, and the emotion in #1 are excellent. thumb.gif Even though I never met him, I feel almost as if I know him. Great portrait.

#2 is technically good but it doesn't have the impact of #1. It is more like a "school picture" which was probably the intent. Mom's love those things.

I agree with Snowgirl on the expression in #3 but I love the composition.

#4 has potential. The conversion looks a bit flat but B&W conversions have always been difficult for me to get right.

There is not a bad photo in the bunch, just a few nits here and there.
  • quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Thanks all. I could re-crop the foot easily, I always try to hit the eyes in the thirds for composition. Will consider fixers for the b&w conversion. Appreciate the thoughts!
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • run_kmcrun_kmc Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Yeah, #1 is the winner. It's got a lot going for it, but I think the colors are what make it stand out. I like #3 as well, but it almost looks sepia at first glance. :D
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Been flipping back and forth through these for a few minutes. Everyone seems to be liking #1 but I'm not sure. The first thing I noticed about this one (in fact the first three) was how centered they are. The other thing is the line growing out of his head. Can't get over that. I do think #1 is a very good and it will frame very nicely.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Don't you just love that soft, even light on rainy days?
    #1 is the pick of the bunch, and I like 4 as well.
    The texture / color of his leather jacket is great!
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Just love 1 & 3. Great job for not doing alot of seniors! Wish that line wasn't hitting him in the head on !.