Options

SOLD: Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS

charlesoutcaltcharlesoutcalt Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited May 28, 2010 in House of Canon
I've got a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS to sell. It's in excellent condition, and has been giving me great images, but I bought the new version and need to sell this one to help pay that bill!

I bought this lens new in May 2007 from Amazon for $1665. Since then, I've had no problems with it. The only minor minor issue, since I want to be as transparent as possible, is that the lens hood (Canon ET-86) has some minor scuffs. I think these are inevitable, or at least I always get them, but I wanted you to know that.

I know that image quality matters more than anything, so here's a link to a gallery with lots of shots taken with this lens, mostly with a 1D3.

http://www.potomacpix.com/Favorites/...66142427_t4B84

If a pic in this gallery has a focal length between 70 and 200, it was taken with this lens.

I'm attaching a shot I just took of the lens a few minutes ago. I'd be happy to email more, too, but for some reason I can't attach more than one to this message. They're not the best shots, but I'm getting used to my new GF1, and depth of field is not the strong suit of that little 20mm lens!

I am including the tripod mount, lens hood, front and back caps (of course) and original bag, which is pretty nice. I don't have the original box for shipping, BUT I have the box from my new f/2.8L, and so I can ship this very securely.

I'm happy to sell this at a fair price. I checked out eBay, and see that they're got one listed for $1375 with some 'issues,' and then a couple more at $1600. New, they're $1899 at B&H. I'd rather make a sale than a big profit, so let's say $1275, or $100 less than the one with 'issues' on eBay.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Charles Outcalt
coutcalt at mac.com

Comments

• Options
    charlesoutcaltcharlesoutcalt Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Hey Everyone - I wanted to let you know that I sold this lens yesterday, within hours of posting it. Easiest transaction I have ever had - why did I mess around with eBay for so many years?

Thanks to everyone who took a look, and huge thanks to the buyer.

Charles
  • Options
    VichVich Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    What a price!
    I just got mine yesterday, same year for $1475 (via E-Check) and I thought it was a fair price.

I was looking for 2 weeks before pulling the trigger. Where were you then Laughing.gif!

Score to the buyer!

I think EBAY and FM have the feedback advantage - to mitigate the trust factor for sending that kind of money off to some stranger. Paypal protections aren't all that foolproof.
    Gear - 7D, 5Dii, many lenses , much stuff.