Beautiful Time of Day

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited May 29, 2010 in Landscapes
I would appreciate your thoughts on this one.

Thanks, Ron

880978040_iEeAb-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    It's a pretty photo and your composition is nice but to be honest, there's nothing here that really grabs me beyond that. Maybe if there was something interesting in the foreground?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    It would seem that you are not alone in your feelings dogwood:). I really struggle with finding a subject! I liked the the light and the moodiness of the picture though.

Any suggestions are more than greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Ron

Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • saikanosaikano Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Agreed with the above,how about putting more tree in the foreground ?
  • E ColbyE Colby Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Ron,
    This looks a lot like my area, are you from Spokane WA?
    Cheers,
    Colby
    "Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic." Edward Weston
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Hi Colby,
    I am indeed from the Spokane area and I know you from Photocamel:D. Welcome to dgrin!!
    This photo was taken around Medical Lake.

Ron

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    You've got really good clarity throughout the photo and I agree with you the colors are very pretty. I do agree with the rest about nothing there to really grab our interest. what about trying to crop this from the left side all the way to the end of the log toward the center, make a verticle out of it. I like how the branches on the right side cascade down. It's a tough one.
  • Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Perhaps you could reshoot the photo, only move closer to the road, and use the log and road as leading lines into the distance. You would have to get down low though.

Just an idea. ne_nau.gif
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px