Monitor Calibration Device for Dell 2407WFP

PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
I'm ready to start having some prints of my photos made (I'll probably use BayPhoto) and I am starting to realize that the first step is to make sure my monitor is properly calibrated.

I have a Dell 24" monitor (2407WFP Rev A00), and while I've read many threads about calibration devices, I am still not quite sure exactly what I need or want. I do know that I don't have a need to calibrate a projector or a printer.

Given my specific monitor, does anyone have any recommendations?

Are some of the more advanced features of calibrators like the Spyder 3 Pro /Elite or i1 Display 2 worth the added expense over the lower models?

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 27, 2010
    Most here will suggest either the Spyder2/3 or the eye-one. The Huey is attractive as well since it is inexpensive, but it went thru a rash of quality issues, and if you search the forums here you will read all about them.

I always recommend the eye-one Display2 because not only does it work well for your PC display, it also can be used easily with your HDTV. All you need for the HDTV is access to a Windows laptop for running the free specific software (does not ship with eye-one), and the HD calibration BlueRay/DVD. For more, read here: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457
  • PilotBradPilotBrad Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Thanks for the input.