Blackberry Series-All Parts

tomhoopertomhooper Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited May 29, 2010 in Holy Macro
Finally finished my Blackberry Series. Here is the whole thing.

I have been planning to do what I call my "Blackberry Series" for several years. I either forget about it, put it off until later, etc, etc, you know how it goes. In the past some of the shots were not good and I just didn't finish. Since I started doing some stacking, I thought I'd try again. The first shot of the bud is a four image stack and the bloom is six images. Now I just have to wait for the fruit to form.
blackberrybudcrop4102010web.jpg

blackberrybloomcrop4102010web.jpg

Here is the third image of my "Blackberry Series". The green Blackberry fruit.
Shooting info: ISO 200, f/8, 1/250sec.
Canon XSi, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro, Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Lites (1/8 power both heads), shot on a tripod with focusing rail.
Created from 6 images with Zerene Stacker.

Let me know what you think. Only two more images to go.
greenblackberry6image4192010finalweb.jpg

Here is the red phase of the Blackberry/Dewberry. This is a 6 image stack created with Zerene Stacker. Only one more to go, well two if you count the cobbler.

Canon XSi, Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite (left head 1/4 power, right head 1/8 power), tripod.
redblackberry6image512010web.jpg

Well here is the ripe blackberry. A 4 image stack done with Zerene Stacker.

Canon XSi, Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro, Canon MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite (left head 1/4 power, right head 1/8 power), tripod.
ripeblackberry4image582010web.jpg

And although not a macro, I feel I would be remiss if I didn't include a shot of the cobbler. Hot blackberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream on top. Mmmmmmm good!!!!!

Shot on "green square" with on camera built in flash. Canon XT and Canon 18-55mm IS.
blackberrycobbler5272010cropweb.jpg
Thomas Hooper
Gary, Texas
Tom Hooper's Homepage
Hoop's Photography Blog
Canon Gear

Comments