Off to Alaska - and one for the "road"

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited June 15, 2010 in Landscapes
Off to Alaska this morning for 2 weeks. Thanks to all for the tips on what to bring! Looking forward to using my new Grad ND filter and my carbon tripod . . . and hoping for some great shots. Sorry I can't join Andy and Marc in Sitka later in the summer.

One shot I just processed from the Texas Hill Country in early spring. Just thought I'd post something before I go. :D

Cheers,
Lauren

881682266_WpNPh-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Nice shot, Lauren. Reminds me of how much I like motorcycling in the hill country. Enjoy Alaska.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Have fun on your trip! Alaska has some breathtaking scenery and wildlife, someday I hope to visit.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    I am looking forward to seeing what you return home with Lauren!! I hope you have a great time!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2010
    what are you checking out on your visit here?
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2010
    Make sure to share photos here!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• boatswifeboatswife Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 9, 2010
    She should be having a wonderful time here! The weather has been absolutely beautiful the past couple weeks. It doesn't get much better than this.

My name is Patty and I live here in Sitka. Although we are getting ready to move to GA. I'm still new and learning a lot more all the time.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread, but I can't wait to see how much she enjoyed her visit.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Hi All!

Back from Alaska and will post a few pics later today. I am in the process of copying from laptop to disk so I don't lose anything (and then will use my SM vault for more backup). I am happy with some of the shots so am looking forward to feedback. I will start a new thread later.

Thanks--
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    Welcome back Lauren!! I am looking forward to your pictures!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    redleash wrote: »
    Hi All!

Back from Alaska and will post a few pics later today. I am in the process of copying from laptop to disk so I don't lose anything (and then will use my SM vault for more backup). I am happy with some of the shots so am looking forward to feedback. I will start a new thread later.

Thanks--
    Lauren

I too am anxious to see what you have!!! clap.gif