West Coast excursion

YosemYosem Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited May 31, 2010 in Landscapes
I took about 10 days out of the schedule last summer and headed to the west coast to visit the sites and take in some images. Most of the trip covered California but there was a hint of Oregon in there also. These are some of the images. I'll try and post some more on future forums.

This area was about a half hour down the coast from Big Sur

827116826_wpT4y-L.jpg

Also very close to Big Sur

827066586_7PhXC-L.jpg

This was out near Bodega Head

827431029_ra6Mh-L.jpg

Pigeon Point Lighthouse

827430093_qYPF7-L.jpg

This seal cave was in Oregon. Seems I could not miss the advertisements for it all the way down the coast. Once there you went down I think about 9 floors to the cave itself. Getting the image was tricky as I had to lean a tripod up above my head and point through a hole in the fence exposing for about 5 seconds. Not having a digital camera it was a guessing game. This was the brightest image from the 4 or 5 I took.

818994941_njdB6-L.jpg

The coastal trips are always fun for photography. If you have a chance yourself you should get out and grab some images of the area. Your C and C are welcomed.

http://raymondmarlowphotography.com
http://pbase.com/raymarlow

Comments

• jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Boy, numbers 2 and 3 are really fantastic. Great color between the yellows and blues in 2 and very effective B&W conversion in 3. Just curious, why the square crop?
  • YosemYosem Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    square crop
    The camera shoots a 6x6 image so generally everything is in a square format since its medium format. Occasionally I'll take the image and crop it so it fits standard 6x4.5 formats. Just depends on what looks best for the image or atleast what ever grabs my eye at the time.
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Very beautiful - all. The last one though is simply captivating.
    Great job !!!!! thumb.gif