the first from yesterday's roadtrip

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I grabbed the camera and headed out the door yesterday for about 12 hours of driving and shooting. As with most roadtrips, the trip was more interesting than the destination... which turned out to be the same as my departure point (my front door).

This is the first of the keepers from yesterday. This was actually from a series of test shots I was taking from across the street while I was waiting for a wedding to clear out from in front of this great old stone church... I'll post photos of the church later.

I've been told with a lot of things in life that "it's 10% skill and 90% luck". That was definitely the case with this shot. (being test shots, I had no intention of keeping any of them)

883693191_oVxpa-L-1.jpg
"untitled"

larger version can be viewed in my Buildings - Structures - Architecture gallery.

As always, comments and critiques are not only welcomed but encouraged.
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Nice catch. No doubt you'll be keeping this one. :D
    Michael
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Howdy Steve,

Neat shot, well seen and captured.

Not a big fan of watermarks, but that's just me.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Thanks for the replies
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking