Why always me Dad?

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in People
My daughter tends to be the only person I put in front of the lens, but any I do are few and far between seeing as people photos are not in my usual portfolio attempts!

Anyway, she got this "musical notes" hoodie given her which is quite smart and I convinced her to wear it for a few photo's but it was a cold day and she was not overly keen on going outside.

I did though managed to convince her that it was warm enough, but still she was reluctant, as she trudged out of the house and leaned on the lamp post just outside.

I tried three or four shots and then it was "Why always me Dad?" and the pout came, followed by a quick stride away and back indoors!

Still. This is the only half decent result, so I thought I'd share it anyway!

WDYT?

Exif:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 550D
Lens: 105mm
Image Date: 2010-05-30
Focal Length: 105mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 0.0010 s (1/1000)
ISO equiv: 100
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB
Photographer: Paul Iddon
Copyright: A View of the UK - Paul Iddon Photography

800attitude.jpg

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    I'm not really one to give advice on processing and such but I do sympathize with you! I drug my two girls (ages 15 and 17) out by their hair yesterday. They consented to pose because I promised ice cream afterwards but they didn't really cooperate. I only got one decent photo out of 65 (posted just now).

I think the photo reflects something of life w/ a preteen/teen. It's not all fun and games. I love the jacket. The image is a bit dark for my taste but I guess it goes with her mood. I like the composition.
    Katie
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Thank you Katie.

I rarely do people, so anything half decent is a result.

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk