haven't posted in a long while...cc please

Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in People
I rarely post here but I lurk often. I haven't been able to shoot much due to health issues but my girls and I went out yesterday to a local park and I managed to get one decent shot! The girls weren't very cooperative. :cry

I know a lot of you don't care for the textured / artsy type photos but around here that's usually what pulls people in.

I didn't have my external flash with me so I had my other daughter up on the rail above Courtney holding a big diffuser behind her since the sun was setting and there were harsh angles. I went back and used another photo of the same scene to "erase" my other daughter and the diffuser.

Thanks for looking!

Courtney:
884160290_3U6BV-L.jpg
Katie

Comments

• tropicotropico Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    I really like the vintage feeling in this photo!
    http://www.monicagarrett.com

Canon 5D MARK II, Canon EOS 450D
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 18-55mm
    Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 75-300mm, Tokina 10-24mm, Sigma 18-200mm
  • Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    tropico wrote: »
    I really like the vintage feeling in this photo!

Thanks Tropico!
    Katie
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Katie, just an opinion, there will be many. The sky bothers me alot. The bright area takes away from the feeling. Scroll the page down alittle to cut off the sky and it gets better. Posture, she is slouching, watch out for that. Remember moms always sat "sit up straight". Pose, maybe extend the front leg and put her missing arm up on the high knee and turn the head slightly. I think for my taste it would have made the photo more intersting. Again just my opoinion. Good job on the lighting. When in direct sunlight always get a gobo overhead.
  • Katie BethKatie Beth Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Katie, just an opinion, there will be many. The sky bothers me alot. The bright area takes away from the feeling. Scroll the page down alittle to cut off the sky and it gets better. Posture, she is slouching, watch out for that. Remember moms always sat "sit up straight". Pose, maybe extend the front leg and put her missing arm up on the high knee and turn the head slightly. I think for my taste it would have made the photo more intersting. Again just my opoinion. Good job on the lighting. When in direct sunlight always get a gobo overhead.

Thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean about the sky. As for the slouching that was practically a chant the whole time she was sitting there. :deadhorse
    Unfortunately she didn't cooperate. I used a clip to tighten up her loose shirt and that was the best I could get out of her. She just wasn't in the mood to pose for pics.

As for the sunlight, I have a large 5 in 1 reflector that has a diffusion layer that comes in handy in harsh lighting.
    Katie