My first D300S pics- A girl and her horse

ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
edited July 21, 2010 in People
Well, I just got my camera yesterday and these are the first real pics I have taken. I have a whole set of these and not many throw aways. Maybe I'll post more later. I am loving this camera though!

Sorry about the size!

20100530dsc.jpg

dsc0760o.jpg

20100530.jpg

25574236.jpg

Comments

• ImageX PhotographyImageX Photography Registered Users Posts: 528 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    No one likes them? headscratch.gif These were just basically the first snapshots I have taken. P mode. I am really impressed with this camera and can't wait to start getting creative with it!

..... again... sorry about the giant pics. They would look better if they were smaller. Anyway, beautiful girls.... beautiful D300S!
  • HomerHomer Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Hehehe, Catherine the Great, cool pics.
  • DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    Make sure you pay attention to your focus point, and wide open aperture. These photos could be a lot sharper!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    No one likes them? headscratch.gif These were just basically the first snapshots I have taken. P mode. I am really impressed with this camera and can't wait to start getting creative with it!

..... again... sorry about the giant pics. They would look better if they were smaller. Anyway, beautiful girls.... beautiful D300S!
    Keep them big, photos are meant to be looked at BIG. I'll guarantee you if you start posting small images, you'll get replies saying things like "can you post a bigger version?" thumb.gif

Congrats on the new camera! P mode is an excellent way to start to learn your camera, don't be afraid to go to A or S (I think that's what it is called on Nikon) though.

Nice first snaps! Like DeuceFour suggested, start looking in how focus points work on your camera; Some images seem to be a bit on the soft side/wrong parts are in focus thumb.gif
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    These look blurry. I'd love to see some more shots that were in focus!

Make sure you read the manual about how to focus the camera.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 1, 2010
    Mitchell wrote: »
    These look blurry. I'd love to see some more shots that were in focus!
    Make sure you read the manual about how to focus the camera.

I agree with Mitch
    edited June 2, 2010
    Thanks for the tips! This was only the 2nd day I had camera. I was shooting away in P mode. I will post some more when I get some time.

This one is one of my favorites. It's a crop from one of the ones above. I think it looks great!

mariaza.jpg
    edited June 2, 2010
    .... but here's some of my friends pets.What do ya's think? I think the focus is pretty good in these. I'm learning pretty quick I think. The D300S is an AWESOME camera!!

dsc1208h.jpg

dsc09801e.jpg

...... and I like these flowers too.

dsc12581.jpg
  • cmonroecmonroe Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    Hi ImageX,

-The dog is a subject with character, however your focus is much more crisp with your second shot of the cat.
    -The focus point is on the eyes which really brings you into the photo.
    - In regards to the earlier photos, they are a bit blurry and some are slightly overexposed.

I would recommend reading "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. It really explains a lot.

Take care!

Craig
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    nice trucks ;) Is that a tundra?

oh, and I like the girl shots. girls are very pretty, and riding a horse without saddle.. I am impressed.
    Looks like a lot of fun, too.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2010
    It's hard to focus on focus with pretty girls in front of your camera, but that's your job mwink.gif. Real nice job on the kittie though!

Enjoy the D300s. It's a hard camera to outgrow.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.