Options

Event Software

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited June 17, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I shoot dog agility shows and I am looking for an easy to use program to allow competitors to view images on site which I load on a network HDD to which I have a few laptops connected to via a router.. Right now, I am using a viewer that frankly, locks up, and crashes often. I don't need a shopping cart, but wouldn't mind one. I need something with an easy user (client) interface and that will refresh itself as I upload folders during an event. Any guidance would be most appreciated.
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    I use Photo Parata (www.miltonstreet.com) for my events. I shoot all star cheerleading and have a few thousand shots per day per event. The current version does not have a full cart, but there is one being developed for the near future. The system automatically loads the photos to the viewing stations after they are loaded on the host computer. The client interface is very user friendly, no keyboards needed, just a monitor and a mouse.

The only problems I have had at any of my events were caused by the people behind the counter, not the software. I have to say that one of the things I love most about using Photo Parata is the service that Sam gives us. I have texted him with a question and received help immediately. The biggest help came the night before an event when I had a total crash, turned out to be my hard drive but he still stayed up to help get my system running.

Oh and he shoots Nikon too... he reminds me every time we talk.....not that this will mean anything to the software....
  • Options
    MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    I use Breeze Browser Pro to quickly go through pics after a game. At a basketball Tournament, I would put the game into slide show mofe and by that time, the teams were coming out of the dressing rooms and would watch the slide show. No sales at the even, just business cards to give out to go to the website to view and purchase.

This past weekend, I shot a 35 team softball tournament and I tried to upload the memory cards to my laptop but I couldn;t even find my mouse pointer, let alone pick the folder to put the pics in. All I could see on the screen was me looking back! :-(

I would be interested to hear what otherss use outside when the glare is bad. ARe there specia monitors that has to be used to view pics in the sunlight or open shade?

I'll follow this thread and see what others say.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.