Couple of Wellsian Images

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited June 3, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
They say emulation is the sincerest form of flattery (or something to that effect). These were taken last January at Fort San Felipe del Morro (El Morro) in Puerto Rico and processed in February. Thought I'd post them to let Randy know he's had an influence on me and probably others. I may have "overbaked" the second one a bit. :D

859696953_Novdv-XL.jpg

783777548_n73WY-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Looks like they came out of the oven ok. :D Interesting PP.
    The stairs and window both practically appear to go nowhere.
    Michael
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Jack, I'm truly honored thumb.gif

I love what you've done here. No doubt a good image starts out with good composition like you have in both of these.

Albeit I've not tried to push my style on anyone, I'm glad that it's something that your putting into your photographers toolbox. IMHO, we'll all be better photographers the more knowledge and technique that we know how to use, when we want/need to.
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    I find both of these images very appealing.....though I do prefer the first over the second. The second one, as you say, Jack, may have been taken a step too far. But that is an absolutely subjective position.

If I had more knowledge and skill, I'd be inclined to try stuff like this. Good on you for stretching your horizons.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Great job on these two ... Jackclap.gif gary
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought those stairs were really cool! :D

2819444759_2166c99b7e.jpg

I like how your first picture looks like one of those staircase pictures you see where the stairs are all over the place and lead to nowhere. :D

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Looks like they came out of the oven ok. :D Interesting PP.
    The stairs and window both practically appear to go nowhere.

Thanks Michael
    Actually there's a fairly wide corridor between the window and the wall.

Jack
    edited June 3, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    Jack, I'm truly honored thumb.gif

I love what you've done here. No doubt a good image starts out with good composition like you have in both of these.

Albeit I've not tried to push my style on anyone, I'm glad that it's something that your putting into your photographers toolbox. IMHO, we'll all be better photographers the more knowledge and technique that we know how to use, when we want/need to.

Thanks Randy
    I find both of these images very appealing.....though I do prefer the first over the second. The second one, as you say, Jack, may have been taken a step too far. But that is an absolutely subjective position.

If I had more knowledge and skill, I'd be inclined to try stuff like this. Good on you for stretching your horizons.

Tom

Yup I'm not terribly fond of the second one. Probably shouldn't have posted it.

Jack
    edited June 3, 2010
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Great job on these two ... Jackclap.gif gary

Thanks Gary

Jack