Memorial Day weekend 2010 4 Models, 2 Days...

codiac2600codiac2600 Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
edited June 5, 2010 in People
I spent my Memorial Day weekend this year catching up on new shooting techniques and styles for my personal collection. All these models are new to this and have some to no real experience behind the camera but it was worth working with such great talent on a beautiful weekend!

You can check out more work that we do at http://fotoenvy.com

CC is always welcome and appreciated.

#1 Trying new color boosting and accent post for my fashion work.
885502518_xYVqT-XL.jpg

#2 Perfected a new 1 light setup that will be used often!!!
885563485_c5X6k-X2.jpg

#3 Thanks to Ben for inspiring this new lighting setup. It's not perfect yet, but soo much potential!
885417630_QYYYD-X2.jpg

#4 I live in the midwest far from the beach... my first attempt at playing in the water on location.
884018126_qzjgT-X2-1.jpg

#5 Same lighting technique from #2 in it's first attempt.
884219870_RBaYH-X2-1.jpg

#6 New more dimensional high key work for catalogs and new model port work plus deeper post work thats more streamlined.
884214788_RjATx-X2-1.jpg

#7 New grunge effect for myself to bring out textures plus roller skates... never done that either.
884378154_GsdNM-X2-1.jpg

#8 Just a fun grunge post.
884381706_s6JRa-XL-2.jpg

#9 Posing two models plus fun angles.
884382615_AuknG-X2-1.jpg

#10 100% natural lighting, no fill, no off camera, just pure perfection from the sun.
884384286_Up7Pz-XL-1.jpg
-Chris :)
http://simplyphotostudio.com
http://decayedbeauty.com

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    4 and 6 kill it!! Nice series all around though!
  • SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    #5 is my favorite, and indeed: great series! #9 is excellent as well :D
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    I like #5 and also love the comp on #10. #2 is my least favorite. Seems a bit underexposed... also, not too sure about the shadows on the face. I like the effect of the dual shadow casted on #3. Cool.

Side comment... what's up with the lip rings? I still don't get the appeal. Reminds me of a fish caught on the end of a hook.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • topazdantopazdan Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited June 5, 2010
    I really like the entire series. Your new lighting technique works great. If you described it I missed it.

CC. The eyes in #5 and #6 seem so sharp that the image seems almost surreal. If that's the intention, it works. For a portrait, a little too sharp for me.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Very, very neat photos! clap.gif

May I be picky? :D

#1: Love it!! iloveyou.gif
    #2: thumb.gif
    #3: Not my favorite, but I see your point .... might want to fix the red on the bottom of the photo tough (on her legs)
    #4: I like the photo, but don't like her expression. She looks somewhat "uncomfortable". And then I'd try to take out the bikini mark on her skin (below her belly button)
    #5: thumb.gif
    #6: thumb.gif
    #7: Very cool iloveyou.gif
    #8: Love that one also ... I'd just fix the skin on her chin / side, it's somewhat distracting (I think)
    #9: thumb.gif
    #10: *I* am missing some colors here & not really loving her expression, but it's a nice pic

clap.gif