One From Memorial Day

rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
edited June 4, 2010 in Landscapes
Memorial Day brought us some pretty unsettled weather in Spokane. Several down pours and mostly cloudy and rainy all day. Not long before sundown, a good one came by our place and it resulted in one of the best rainbows I have seen in a long time. It looked very close and you could see all of the arch from end to end. I tried to get a bit of it. I hope you like it.

Ron

886779923_m6Xc4-XL.jpg
"The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    What a great shot! A great shot for memorial day.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2010
    What an unusual find - the rainbow and flag together is something I've never seen before! Nice!!!!!
  • gramps50gramps50 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Way cool!! I like it great capture
  • Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Hard not to like this image.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Thanks for your comments. I realize that this is not the best photo as far as IQ goes, but I really liked the content:).

Thanks, Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • E ColbyE Colby Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Ron,
    Nice to see you again. I missed the weekend weather in Spokane as I went to Portland for my granddaughter's fastpitch tournament, but I could tell there was lots of rain here. Portland was trenched and there was rain delay all day Saturday. Did two days of games in a 15 hour strech on Sunday. Lovely rainbow.
    Cheers,
    Colby
    "Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic." Edward Weston
  • rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    I love it...
    I absolutely love this shot. It could be a poster - there is room for some text...