Options

engagement session - c&c please

liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited June 3, 2010 in Weddings
hi. these are a few highlights from an e-session i did this past weekend. i'd love to hear some honest c&c on these.
thanks in advance.
cheers,
mark;)

885257045_YHwSy-M.jpg

885258563_y23Hq-M.jpg

885263735_9HMW5-M.jpg

885261619_UaNae-M.jpg

885262449_AiACQ-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2010
    Hi Mark, here's my thoughts for next time:
    1. keep all of the fingers in frame
    2. my eyes are drawn away from the couple to the open blue sky, plus there is no connection between the couple here
    3. great moment - this would look better if there was no greenery at the top of the frame
    4. be carful running horizons through heads
    5. I like the lines here, but I think it would be a stronger frame with the couple at the apex of the curve of the shoreline in an embrace - everything would point right at them.
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Thanks for the helpful feedback, Patrick. I took a look at your web presence and I'm an instant fan of your work. Outstanding!
    Cheers,
    Mark
  • Options
    shmingshming Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Hi Mark
    I agree with Patrick. Was this your first e-shoot? If so, you want to try and recap in your mind what the communication between you and your couple was like. To me, what you portrayed in this shoot was a happy, comical, fun loving couple. That's good and you pulled that off well, but you want to find ways to pull out stronger emotions and the key to that door is in the way you communicate. So - don't just study composition and lighting, etc. study your interaction as well. Best of luck and I admire your willingness to push forward!

http://www.backdrop-photography.com
    KLinh
    Klinh Evelyn Grace Photography
    Fashion & Commercial
    (2)Mamiya RZ67 IID, Mamiya 645 AFD II, Leaf Aptus 65, Profoto D1's, Capture One.
    http://www.klinhevelyngracephotography.com