Dye-Sub Printers

ihiphotosihiphotos Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited August 20, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
Anyone ever use a dye-sub printer??? Just considering the Kodak 1400 ...
~Chrisa
~Moments into memories ...
Chrisa
Tri-Sun Photography :photo
www.tri-sunllc.com

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited August 19, 2005
    Bump
    Can anyone help with this question?

ihiphotos wrote:
    Anyone ever use a dye-sub printer??? Just considering the Kodak 1400 ...
    ~Chrisa
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    David_S85 wrote:
    Can anyone help with this question?

I'm in the middle of drafting a reply just trying to get the time to sort it....

The 1400 is a great printer from what I've read, as is it's big brother the 8500. I own the 6800 and am very very pleased with the results...More like the look and feel of pics from a darkroom..Instant dry 20 second 6x8 more than suitable to hang on a wall....

The 1400 is unavailable at the moment in the UK. I've been after one for a couple of months now.

I'll try to finish my post over the weekend, asap.....

A bit about how the 8500 could be used in business..
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=16825

On the 1400 the restriction of print size is the only reason not to buy. I also use a HP120 which will go as large as I'm ever going to need..So get both a 1400 and for different papers and inks a nice Cannon maybe or an Epson for up to A3, A2, A1 or whatever, but if 8x10 is enough then the 1400 would be a great buy......

Kodak Dye Subs 9/10 on the Bodwick scale of value and quality.

Bod...
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • ihiphotosihiphotos Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited August 20, 2005
    Bodwick wrote:
    I'm in the middle of drafting a reply just trying to get the time to sort it....

The 1400 is a great printer from what I've read, as is it's big brother the 8500. I own the 6800 and am very very pleased with the results...More like the look and feel of pics from a darkroom..Instant dry 20 second 6x8 more than suitable to hang on a wall....

The 1400 is unavailable at the moment in the UK. I've been after one for a couple of months now.

I'll try to finish my post over the weekend, asap.....

A bit about how the 8500 could be used in business..
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=16825

On the 1400 the restriction of print size is the only reason not to buy. I also use a HP120 which will go as large as I'm ever going to need..So get both a 1400 and for different papers and inks a nice Cannon maybe or an Epson for up to A3, A2, A1 or whatever, but if 8x10 is enough then the 1400 would be a great buy......

Kodak Dye Subs 9/10 on the Bodwick scale of value and quality.

Bod...

Thanks Bod, for the quick input! I purchased one yesterday and I'm eager to get started with it! clap.gif It's always nice to get a "real" review, ya know?!
    Blessings,
    cHriSa
    ~Moments into memories ...
    Chrisa
    Tri-Sun Photography :photo
    www.tri-sunllc.com
  • BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2005
    ihiphotos wrote:
    Thanks Bod, for the quick input! I purchased one yesterday and I'm eager to get started with it! clap.gif It's always nice to get a "real" review, ya know?!
    Blessings,
    cHriSa
    Good purchase. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results...

You should join the Yahoo eGroup at:-
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kdsprinters/

Post your thoughts on the results your getting...

Bod...
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières