889023249_xJLQW-O.jpg

889023379_3Vy4F-O.jpg
ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Nice cross section of treatments.
    I like the subject matter of your compositions. Isolation, density, trees, mood.
    I'd have to well done.
    Michael
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,085 moderator
    edited June 4, 2010
    Thanks Michael.

The first and last employ a "Photo Filter", red and warming, respectively. The middle 2 images start similarly to my standard IR processing, but the third was partially desaturated and the second completely desaturated and the tones severely limited to simulate a particular "Expressionist Scraping" paint technique (maybe).
    ziggy53
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 5, 2010
    2 and 3 both look like snowy winter shots. Very nice, especially 3. thumb.gif
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Howdy Ziggy,

I really like the first and last ones,
    very beautiful colors and subject really do
    it for me.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited June 5, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    2 and 3 both look like snowy winter shots. Very nice, especially 3. thumb.gif

Thanks Richard. There is more detail in #2 than what shows in this size, so I think it will print nicely. I also like #3 even though it lacks a singular subject. Just something about it ..., can't quite nail it down.
    ziggy53
    edited June 5, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Ziggy,

I really like the first and last ones,
    very beautiful colors and subject really do
    it for me.

Thanks Craig. I do think I'll use the photographic filters more after these encouraging results. I've used sepia tone for B&W in the past, of course, but these warmer tones give a sense of Autumn, as opposed to the cooler and cold tones I've used in the past and seen in other IR treatments.
    ziggy53
  • LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    There all really great and I thought #1 was it for me but after spending 5 minutes more admiring them I think it's the contrast of the sky and the foliage in #3 that has me liking it a little more. But then again the detail in #1 is amazing..................you see a theme here right:D
    Nikon D90
    18-105 mm
    85 mm 1.8
    10-20 mm
    35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    I really like #2 Ziggy...it has an inviting appeal to me and at the same time gives me a haunting kind of feeling. Reminds me of old movies where you can hear footsteps, but you have not a clue where they're coming from eek7.gif
    edited June 5, 2010
    Ladukebob wrote: »
    There all really great and I thought #1 was it for me but after spending 5 minutes more admiring them I think it's the contrast of the sky and the foliage in #3 that has me liking it a little more. But then again the detail in #1 is amazing..................you see a theme here right:D

Thanks. Infrared images are always an interesting challenge. I wish visible light images were as malleable.
    ziggy53
    edited June 5, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I really like #2 Ziggy...it has an inviting appeal to me and at the same time gives me a haunting kind of feeling. Reminds me of old movies where you can hear footsteps, but you have not a clue where they're coming from eek7.gif

Thanks Mary. I wish I could remember the name of the art technique that I was trying to simulate. The concept is to reduce and simplify, while providing enough detail so that the subject matter is still clearly discernible. In the artistic method you remove material to expose/reveal the image from the foreground material.
    ziggy53