Options

San Jose Wheat Fields?

mcintoshmcintosh Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
Does anybody know anywhere near San Jose where I could find a wheat field type of thing? Looking for a location to shoot wheat-field-ish portraits. :)

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited June 4, 2010
    Hi Mcintosh. I moved this to Location, Location, Location. Just to clarify, which state/country are you talking about? There are several to choose from. :D
  • Options
    mcintoshmcintosh Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited June 4, 2010
    San Jose, California, USA. Sorry!
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Gilroy would probably be the closest farm.
  • Options
    jm94085jm94085 Registered Users Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Yeah Morgan Hill or Gilroy are just down the road and have many farms, fields, etc.

Drive down Monterey Hwy or Santa Theresa and you should be able to find something. Alternatively, on the other side of 101 you have the Anderson dam area and access to the Coyote Creek Trail with many options there as well.
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Head along CA130 up to the Lick Observatory. Joseph Grant park area has some pretty open field areas along the way that could suffice.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited June 10, 2010
    Grant Park is a great start but if you want Nebraska like then you probably won't find it in SJ :D

You might also look along Cottle near Beckham.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Head along CA130 up to the Lick Observatory. Joseph Grant park area has some pretty open field areas along the way that could suffice.
    There are great places that will give you this feel in Joseph Grant Park, up Mt Hamilton.
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    Wheat fields over the hills on 152 205 or the 80. Most of the wheat you will find is in the central valley. Then the next questions would be do you want flat or hill wheat fields. I have not been down Gilroy or Holister way in a while so I do not know what they have down there.
    I took this one a while back near between Thorton and Elk Grove in the Delta
    881352087_WoDyR-L.jpg
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 15, 2010
    be still my heart!

all this wonderful assistance and participation in the Locations... forum clap.gif