Options

Interesting sidenote to packages return...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited June 4, 2010 in Weddings
So for those of you that have been following my pricing experiment with packages vs. a base price.

I have google analytics on my website and an interesting but very apparent difference after I switched back to packages.

The bounce rate on my site was at 30%, the day after I went back to package pricing my bounce rate went under 10% and has stayed there everyday since....essentially my biggest package went from pretty reasonable to pretty expensive.
In addition, visitors time on site went from 4:40 to 5:46 and is still going up.

As a side note, since I went back to packages essentially more than doubling my highest $ package, the phone has been ringing pretty steadily for next year. MUCH more so than when I only had the base price on there.

The only thing I can surmise is that the higher prices somehow legitimize the work for a lot of people. I average over 100 visitors a day to my site, my guess is that a lot of those visitors are aspiring photographers.

Any other interpretations??

Comments

• Options
    SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    I think your interpretation is accurate. I relate it to auto dealers that put the bottom line price on the windshields of their cars. Takes the guess work out of it. I think to many folks, a base prices with add-ons is too vague for them when they are determining a budget for the various costs of the wedding. They generally know what they can spend, and it is easier to fit a package into their budgeting. At least that's my theory.

I just added Google analytics to my site a month or so ago. What a great tool. Not enough data yet for me to determine trends for my site. I notice alot referral hits from dgrin and other forums, so I am guessing it is other photogs as well.

By the way, Mike, you do really beautiful work.
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.