Options

Forks Of All Countries - Unite!

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited August 20, 2005 in Holy Macro
Hello friends!

I'm into a crazy "order prints of my images"-phase! :): Now I'm considering doin' a poster of this to hang on my kitchen wall. I'm just curious - do you like it? :scratch
When I posted it the first time, I wasn't sure of the "title", I knew what I was goin' for, but I couldn't formulate the perfect phrase! Finaly I did, thanks to Yuri! :thumb

Regards / Matty

32677795-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    Looks kinda cool to me. I like the idea and the colors. Something about the tines doesn't look right - is it an extraction? I would imagine this would sell if you can get it in front of the right audience.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    Hi Matty,
    I really like it. The colors are cool and I dig the compthumb.gif. I see what sid is talking about. I'm thinking it's the contrast line between the forks and background makes the forks stand out. I like the lighting on the forks and your framing of the print. The only thing to check is a small white spot on the right fork near the bottom (leading edge).

See, I told you that you have plenty of shots that are poster worthyclap.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited August 19, 2005
    Thanx Sid! Well, both yes and no!
    Originally, the Fork-picture looked like this one below. No editing execept color enhancement. Today, when perparing it for print, I felt like redoing it trying to make it more eyecatching. The original is shot in Raw, so I "developed" it twice, one like the one below, and one unsaturated to get the forks more "silverish". Then I put'em on layers and did some masking. Would you have prefered the original?

Matty

m_4252c157a3569.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2005
    Haha! Thanx Higgmeister!
    Oh! How agonising! How could I miss that gigant little white bugger! headscratch.gif Now when you meantioned it, that's all I see when I look at the picture. Photoshop - here I come! rolleyes1.gif
    Unfortunatley, I have already got myself a print copy of it. But for some reason, the white spot doesn't stand out as much on the print. I can live with it. Infact, I'm very pleased with it! thumb.gif

Matty

Hi Matty,
    I really like it. The colors are cool and I dig the compthumb.gif. I see what sid is talking about. I'm thinking it's the contrast line between the forks and background makes the forks stand out. I like the lighting on the forks and your framing of the print. The only thing to check is a small white spot on the right fork near the bottom (leading edge).

See, I told you that you have plenty of shots that are poster worthyclap.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 19, 2005
    Too Cool... I like it and it is a tough subjest to photo. I did these a couple months ago:

31224381-S.jpg28376002-S.jpg

I ended up spending about a week and got seven shot that are acceptable.
    http://brothersmedia.smugmug.com/gallery/646880/1/28376002
    I do like your work man...
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    elfving73 wrote:
    Oh! How agonising! How could I miss that gigant little white bugger! headscratch.gif Now when you meantioned it, that's all I see when I look at the picture. Photoshop - here I come! rolleyes1.gif
    Unfortunatley, I have already got myself a print copy of it. But for some reason, the white spot doesn't stand out as much on the print. I can live with it. Infact, I'm very pleased with it! thumb.gif

Matty
    It's definitely a cool shot. I like your new one better than the original, nice processing. What's funny is now that I mentioned it, you'll see it but noone else will. Sorry about that.

Enjoy,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    very cool - love the colors and the elongated fork shadows (how did you do that??!!)
    the spoons of the world will be up in arms!:D
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,458 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2005
    What the fork is up with this thread?

Sorry. I couldn't resist.:D
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2005